Friday, July 30, 2010

10 Reasons I Will Not Cry When I Call And Cancel My IUI (Again)

I'm having difficulty coming up with like.. 2. But I'm forcing myself to find reasons not to be upset about this. I have to cancel it if I don't hear from the high risk OB by Monday. The first appointment is scheduled for Tuesday. I'm 99% sure she's not going to call. She has to get with my nephrologist and he's insanely busy. I want to cry just thinking about canceling a second time, and then taking a 6 month break. BUT... here they are:

  1. The Chicago White Sox. If I have to cancel, I will have money to go to the game. I really need something fun.
  2. I won't have to up the # of people who've looked "down there".
  3. Nothing plastic will make its way through my cervix.
  4. I won't have to get up at 6 AM
  5. My poor right arm vein will have a chance to rest
  6. Andy will have another month of vitamins
  7. I will have another month to lose weight
  8. I can take comfort in knowing I'm doing the right thing for my baby
  9. I'll know that I've put faith in God's timing
  10. I'm cheating. I'm still pretty pumped about not having things go through my cervix.

I managed to make that just about the IUI, not even the 6 month wait. To be honest, I'm scared this will never happen for me, but I'm trying not to be. Andy promises me we'll have our own biological baby and I trust and believe him. It's a rough time, but I found ten whole things to be glad about, so I just have to try to focus on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment