Wednesday, June 2, 2010

So the results are in, and Andy is doing MUCH better. I promised him I wouldn't get into details about the exact tests and specifications, but he's in the normal range for almost everything and it's a marked improvement. We've been thinking and tossing around ideas for a while about what to do in different scenarios for his tests. I know that my RE wants us to do IVF, but when I look at the tests (and run them by people on my mesage boards) they always say "DO IUI!". I'm inclined to anyway. It runs $3-400 a month as opposed to about 7 grand. I figure if we do a few and it works, we've saved a ton of money. If it doesn't work, then we will move on to IVF with a fetility loan and a cosigner. I'm so annoyed that this has to happen now. I'm getting a $14,000 raise in October, so it wouldn't be an issue to just pay the money each month outright. Since we're doing it now, we'll have to scrimp and save, and I'm worried because I've been trying to pay off my credit cards to improve my credit so we qualify for the loan, but if we're paying for IUI, I can't pay extra on my credit cards.

June is going to be natural, so we're going to try to have a ton of fun and pay off as much as we can so that when July rolls around and we start paying out the butt for these procedures, we'll have done what we could beforehand. I think we'll probably try 2-3, so July, August, and MAYBE September but we'll probably head right to IVF then. I hope we don't need to! I'm feeling better and more confident with the new test results, and hopeful for a natural conception, although not expecting it, so I guess we'll see.

We have our "IVF consult" on June 16th and I already told her I want to try IUI first. I know she will try to talk me out of it but what's it to her? Hopefully she will just let us do the 2 IUIs. If not we'll be talking to someone else and I don't want to waste that time so I hope she is ok with it. I am also tentatively getting the HSG 9 days after my next cycle starts, so approximately June 28th. Hopefully it won't start, but if it does... ugh. I am dreading this HSG but at least I'll know what's going on in there and I hope everything is ok! And then on to treatments. I'm very hopeful about IUI. I hope it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment