Thursday, June 24, 2010

Because I didn't have enough problems...

IUI cycle #1 has been cancelled!

I went in today for CD3 bloodwork and ultrasound. I have 10 antral follicles on each side (SO COOL TO SEE). They freaked me out at first saying it was too many but it turned out the girl was just an idiot. I expected no other issues. I've had this done before.

WRONG

My TTC hormones are awesome. FSH - 4.26!!! They like it under 7. Sweet. Done. Nothing to worry about - plenty of follicles to stimulate.

My thyroid, however, is messed up! It was 4.22. She said 4 and under is normal, so under normal circumstances no one would sweat it, but because I'm trying to conceive, they won't do it. I'm getting it tested once more tomorrow at 7AM. I won't get the results until Monday, but assuming it's the same (which it will be - I had it done last summer and it was almsot exactly the same) we're out this cycle. And she said I have to see a regular endocrinologist. WHY CANT SHE FIX IT!? What if no one wants to give me anything because it's not really high???

I guess it's good to know. The RE said based on their studies, women with a level over 2.5 have a higher miscarriage rate. I'd rather cancel a cycle than go through a miscarriage. But... did I really need something else? Kidney disease, brain tumors... I thought we were FINALLY on our way... and now this? REALLY?? What if no one can see me for a month? THEN I AM OUT NEXT CYCLE TOO!

Eff. This. I hate everyone and everything. I want to get the hell out of this office. I argued with God yesterday. Today we're going to have a serious talk because THIS IS NOT FAIR. I don't care if life's not fair. This is WRONG. WRONG WRONG WRONG.

I hate everyting, and if I don't get out of this cubicle I might explode. I'm going to go home and cry all night. AGAIN. What a surprise. Life screws me again. Why do I even bother?

2 comments:

  1. Don't be too mad because your TSH should be between 2-2.5 at the MOST while TTC. Mine started at 7.4 but that didn't stop me or my RE from TTC. My RE actually sent me to my GP since this is something you will ALWAYS have to take meds for and it's best if they handle it. It's pretty simple. They will give you a low dose of meds, you have to get blood work every 6 weeks when they change your dose to see if they need to increase your meds.

    Now don't kill the messenger but when I was down to 4.8 it took another couple increases of meds (about 12 weeks to get me in the good zone). Like I said, I still TTC but you have a bigger risk of miscarriage. Some standard testing says anything over 3 is hypo and some say over 5 is hypo. I was lucky that my GP agrees that he wanted to get me between 2 and 2.5. I over shot and am at .5 which is fine.

    Once you get pregnant they will need to monitor your TSH at least every trimester since pregnancy can increase your TSH. Fun right? I was able to get my results faxed to my GP and they called in a prescription right away.

    Take it every morning when you first wake up. You have to wait between 30 min - 1 hour before eating (or coffee with milk and such). Don't take your vitamins or antiacids within 4 hours I believe. The bottle didn't say all that, I learned as I went. It's just a little delay, but you need the best environment to raise the little one. Plus if your thyroid is off so are the chemicals in your body that the little one shares. Deep breaths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Thanks for all the information. I wasn't so mad that the RE cancelled... just upset that it happened. I've been reading about it over the last few days and I had NO IDEA how much of an affect TSH had! I just wish they had mentioned it sooner since the RE saw my blood work from last year and it was about 4 then too!

    So do you feel better? I mean does it actually help with the side effects if your TSH isn't SUPER high? I'm totally amazed about the way this affects TTC and everything else! It really explains a lot I just wish it would go away!

    ReplyDelete