Monday, June 25, 2012

Solid Food!

I got approval from the pedi to start rice cereal. Evie has been taking 5 6-7oz bottles a day and still acting hungry. I'm nervous to give her more because she already spits so much. So we started the cereal. She sits in her bumbo and squeals the whole time. She opens her mouth for the spoon but is still trying to figure out what to do with the cereal so most of it ends up on her face. I usually feed her until she starts whining for the bottle. Who knows if she likes the cereal or just sitting in her bumbo.

I hope she figures it out soon. Tonight she just cried and cried and I'm not sure if it was hungry or tired so I just fed her 2 hours after her last 7oz bottle. It's insane. But she also got woken up from her nap by spit as usual so she was extremely tired. My poor sweet girl. She's so happy but the reflux takes her naps away. It's so unfair to her and I hope she feels better soon. It's definitely still uncomfortable so I'm not sure if the Prevacid isn't working or it was just a crappy day or what. In any case, here she is attempting her first cereal!

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie! She has the sweetest face! I hope the rice cereal helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! So far she's still spitting up but she's been pretty happy so I can't complain!!

    ReplyDelete