Friday, June 22, 2012

New Clothes? Yes Sir

A few weeks ago I bought a pair of jeans from Old Navy. I tend to have trouble with jeans.. they fall off of me because I have no butt. But ON jeans are great. I didn't know what size to order, so I guessed, and when the jeans came in... boy were they tight. Tight enough that I decided not to wear them. A few days later I joined Weight Watchers, and have been faithfully following the program. As of Tuesday I'd lost 10.2 pounds in 3 weeks, so I decided to try the jeans on again. They fit so much better! They're still a teeny bit snug, but I don't know if they're actually snug, or if that's just because I'm used to maternity pants, which I've been wearing for nearly a year. It was really time to try regular clothes again, though, and I'm so happy to start feeling like my body is returning to normal. And I'm actually at the weight I was when I started my first IVF, so I've lost all my fertility drug weight, and I'm well on my way to my goal. Which, granted, is, 103.2 pounds away. but it used to be 113.4 pounds away, so that's progress!

I'm really trying to be a more fit role model for my daughter. She's about to start solid foods, and before I know it she'll be eating with me, and I want her to learn the right way to eat, and the importance of exercise. I want us to take walks and bike rides together, not sit on the couch and watch tv all night. I want her to be healthy, and in order for her to be healthy, she has to have a model for her behavior.

I had to go shopping in plus sized stores for my prom gown. I hated it, and I don't want that to happen to E. Aaaaand the thought of wearing "regular" clothes is pretty exciting. I have boxes of small clothes I don't fit in that I'd love to wear again. I want to wear a binkini next summer! I've never done that in my life, even during the 2 short years of my adult life when I was actually thin.

I'm proud of myself for sticking to Weight Watchers, and I feel like I'm going to save money cooking more at home and shopping wisely, so it's a good idea all around. It feels great to be making some real positive changes in my life! I hope E reaps the benefit of her mommy's new mindset.

No comments:

Post a Comment