Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

Yesterday was A's first Father's Day. I wish I could say it was a great day, but I think he spent most of it tired and sad, wishing he didn't spend so much time at work and away from his daughter. He'd worked 16.5 hours the previous night, so he stayed home when E and I went to see my dad. I'd hoped he could nap and re-charge, but I'm not sure how well it worked. I didn't want to take E away on Father's day, but I think he needed some time, and he said it was OK. He did get some good E cuddle time when we got home, and she rewarded him with vomit. When A holds her, he sometimes has her sit on his belly kind of folded up (which is a position I often use to burp her) and she tends to spit up on him that way. But he did get some good snuggles and love in. This child loves her daddy, that's for sure. She loves when he makes faces at her.

For his gift, I ordered a White Sox headband from Etsy and got professional photos done of E. She was such a good sport, and even laughed while she was on her tummy. I told him she knew it was for her daddy and she wanted good photos.



We also ate crabs with my dad, which, for anyone who doesn't know, is a Maryland tradition. My dad's cousin's wife came, which was a treat. My dad's cousin died of cancer a few years back, and they were very close, but his wife moved to MI with her daughter and grandkids after his death, so we never get to see her. She made E the most beautiful gift, which I will post when I get home. And E just loved her to pieces.

A really needs to quit his job. He works 60 hours a week sometimes, and never gets to spend time with us. We miss him, and he misses us, and I hate it. We need to find a house to buy soon so we can get in it and get settled and he can quit his job. Our family will be so much better for it. He'll be able to help a bit more with E, so I might get more sleep. If that happens, I'll be able to clean up more, and I won't pass out at 9pm so I can actually spend time with him.

I guess things are hectic right now. I want A to be happy, and he's miserable, and that's hard. All he wants is to spend time with his girls and his job just kills him. I love that he has such a great work ethic and wants so much to be supporting his team, but we need him and he needs us, so it's a double-edged sword. Hopefully we find a house and can just spend some time together soon. We all need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment