Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Ahh, Sleep

Someone slept from 8:30pm-6am last night. No fussing, and no need to even put her binky back in. Someone's mommy is REALLY excited about it. I feel like if we could just get her reflux issue resolved we could get her in her crib and life might return to some semblance of normalcy. Don't get me wrong, I love that my evenings have been totally disrupted by my teeny girl, but it would still be nice to have some mommy time. Or some mommy daddy time. And since she's asleep by @8, I could totally have that! If I didn't have to tip toe around the sleeping little one in the living room. Imagine! The things I could do! I could clean, organize, watch tv, read books! Prepare meals in advance... oh how glorious this would be. But until we figure something out with her spit-up, I'm not ready to not be with her.

Working is feeling slightly less horrible since I'm going in so early. Most days I get at least 4 hours with her while she's awake, plus mornings depending on when she wakes up. It's enough that I do get to notice all the developmental changes that are occuring. Yes, I want to be at home, and hate that I have to work, but since I do have to, I'm trying to look on the bright side. I don't have a ridiculous commute, and I do have a very flexible schedule, so I can adjust to maximize time with my girl. I have all weekend to spend with her so we can go on fun outings. And when Andy quits his job, we'll have a great division of individual Evie time, and total family time.

Yep, I finally feel like we're settling into life as a little family. The past few days Evie has been feeling better (dare I hope it continue!?) so she's been easier for A to handle on his own, and for grandma, and for me! Plus, she's happy, and my GOD that smile just... oh my goodness just thinking about it I want to cry I'm so lucky. She's getting so active and independent. Always rolling around, playing, talking... not so much falling asleep on her momma, and that's hard for me. I miss that time so much. Just pulling her into bed and snuggling while she sleeps, or having her fall asleep in my arms for a nap. She did it the other day and I just enjoyed it because she's so busy it doesn't happen as much these days.

I'm excited that she's developing so well, learning to have fun and enjoy her parents, her toys... starting to notice other babies and cats even. Right now I'm just feeling obsurdly lucky. And all I can do is thank God every day for my amazing miracle daughter. It's not always easy, and sometimes it's down right tough. But I wouldn't have it any other way.




This is a closeup of her new binky, by the way. She has Polky the caterpillar, who is her buddy, but he was dirty, so she's using Pinky the elephant today. She loves to cuddle him while she's sucking on the pacifier. It's so sweer.

No comments:

Post a Comment