Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Renewed Hope

I told myself I wouldn't do this, but I'm getting hopeful about a potential kidney treatment. It's an all-natural thing that is basically just good for you, kidney problems or not. But after seeing so many reviews from people who were taken off the transplant list because of it, or their creatinine dropped entire points... I feel like I need to give it a chance. I prayed for guidance and I feel like God is leading me to this kidney treatment. I emailed the information to my nephrologist, and with his OK, we'll be ordering it today and we'll check in a month to see how it's going. It's also supposed to help your cholesterol, which would be great since mine is terrible.

I don't want to get all crazy into thinking this will be it for me. I still know that chances are it won't be. But I'm willing to try it before Cellcept. I'm also going to go mostly gluten free once I use up the stuff in my fridge currently. I can do without sandwiches and pasta for the most part, but if anyone knows of a gluten-free crunchy, seasoned topping (similar to bread crumbs) I'd love to hear it. And every so often I can have a slice of pizza or something. That will be a big reduction in gluten so we'll see if it helps any and I need to stay on it.

I'm also just working on my health in general. I'm on Weight Watchers and LOVING it. I've been on it two weeks and I've lost 7.6 pounds, and a whole point from my BMI! And I can't help but think it will be good for my kidneys for the following reasons:

  • They won't have to work so hard to process the extra blood
  • My BP will go down, which is good for your kidneys
  • Although my cholesterol will always be high, it will go down at least a little, which is also good for kidneys (who knew!?).
So I think I'm headed in the right direction. I even let myself start thinking about more kids. I don't want to let myself down. I don't want to find these things not working and be extremely depressed. But I do owe it to myself to at least let a little hope in. Because this could be great for me. And I'm willing to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment