Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Post-Baby Body Part 2

I posted a while ago about my body after having a baby. I'd lost a lot of weight at first because I just wasn't eating, and I knew I'd gain some back when I started eating again. It's not that I wasn't eating on purpose, but I'm sure most people will tell you that  abdominal surgery just makes you lose your appetite. For a long time the muscles in my belly also seemed to jut out, and I was afraid they would never go down and I'd look post-pregnant forever. I'm happy to report that my belly is back to "normal". Granted, normal is still way too heavy, so I started weight watchers at the beginning of the month. After 4 weeks I've lost 13.2 pounds, and I'm starting to feel better about myself already.

I loved being pregnant because I had an excuse for a giant belly, but once the baby was here and the belly was still there I just felt awful about myself. But now things seem to be back on track. My clothes are starting to feel (and look) bigger. I can wear regular jeans again and that feels nice. I sort of hate all of my clothes, though, and when we move I'm going through them and giving a ton of stuff to Goodwill. One thing I do need to start working on is exercise. I know that once I lose the weight I'm going to be flabby if I don't exercise. We're getting a treadmill, and I'm going to buy a bike with a baby attachment so Evie and I can go for bike rides. I'm thinking of joining the swim club up the road from where our (potential) new house is. I believe it's something like $20 a month and I can take classes and lap swim. My ultimate goal is to wear a bikini next summer. Yes, I have never worn one in my life, and I intend to attempt it post-c-section. My goal weight is 165. I'm 5'10, and when I weighed 185 I wore a size 12, so I think I'll be in an 8/10 and will be able to pull off a bikini. I just need to really keep working at this weight loss.

I'm proud of myself for losing 13 (.2) pounds last month. I've dropped nearly 2 points from my BMI, and my mid-term goal is to lose 41 more pounds by Christmas. My short-term goal is to lose 6.8 by July 31, the week before my mini-vacation to the beach with A and E.

I really hope we get the house we put an offer in on. It's in a great area in a nice neighborhood that's rural but 6 minutes from downtown in the closest town (and a target). It has 3 bedrooms so we can finally have our guest room back, which is sort of essential with so many out of town friends and family members. And it has a family room with a door so we can shut A off in his own little world if he wants to be super loud at night (which he tends to do just by nature). It has room for our treadmill, and room to put in a pool one day. And for a swingset for E. I want her to learn to play outside so she doesn't end up overweight like her momma. The house needs some work, but with a few minor changes it will be just great. It's in serious need of landscaping and some curb appeal, but it's great space and it'll be nice to have our own house!

Anyway, things are good right now and I feel like I'm starting to get my confidence back. If I feel this good now, I can't imagine how I'll feel as I get closer to my 165lb goal weight... and that first bikini!!

1 comment:

  1. That must feel so good to get those pounds off. I started Cross Fit right before I got pregnant and was grounded because of some shin splints but it is a wonderful program. There are definately some uber fit people in it but everyone works at their own pace. I can't wait to go back after the baby.

    I really hope yall get that house! I'll be praying for it!

    ReplyDelete