Friday, February 25, 2011

I've been feeling crampy today, which leads me to believe I can expect a period in a week or so. We're disappointed, but, like last month, there's a hopefulness that comes with it because we know we're moving on to at least an IUI if not IVF. It feels like our chances are increasing. I enjoy feeling like I'm doing something to move this process along, so it makes me happy to get the U/S and blood work done. Unless of course it's bad, which has happened and sucked. That was when my TSH was high.

I started the methyldopa for my BP. It's dropped my diastolic like mad, but my home BP machine had my Systolic at 150 last night. I discovered it wasn't plugged in all the way so it might have been an issue with that. Generally it's been reading about 135/69, which is better than it was, and diastolic is more important anyway. I'm going to get it checked at the health center today too.

Other good news. I'm down 10.5 pounds, and it's not even my official weigh in yet, so I think my official 7 week total will be about 11 pounds. That's not bad considering I was on a business trip one week, and actually gained 3 a different week! I've been to the gym 3 times this week and am going tomorrow as well. I still have 3.4 to go to meet the IVF weight, and I'll be weighing in in 7-10 days I'd imagine. It's a lofty goal, but I will find a way to meet it so I don't have to wait another month.

I'm feeling very good about my efforts. I've stuck with Weight Watchers for 7 whole weeks now and I feel good. I'm not binge eating, and I'm not eating to the point where my stomach hurts. I'm making choices and really thinking about "do I need the 6 points for that salad dressing or can I just get a regular vegetable?". I feel like I'm making really great progress, and in another week or two I should be at 5% lost. Plus, if I do meet the IVF goal, I'll have another month before the stims start to continue losing. I'd like to be back to where I was before I started the prednisone the first time... 14 pounds UNDER the IVF limit. Stupid prednisone.

We've also been working out our finances. I am so positive about the IVF, but there is a 48% chance (by clinic statistics) that we won't take home a baby, and we'll need other options. At this point it's looking like we'll have enough money to do a FET without taking out a loan if we have frozen babies. If we have to do fresh, we'll need a loan, but we can easily afford the monthly payment. If all goes well, all of my credit cards will be paid off by April, and Andy's will be half way there. We'll have some money in savings, which is a new thing for us, too. We're actually looking at Andy quitting his job and going back to school full time when the baby comes. It'll save us a bunch of money in daycare, and allow Andy to get a degree, which is something he's always wanted to do. And I can afford all our bills on my salary, with enough left to keep putting money in savings and pay for diapers and things.

I'm feeling good about this year. We've had a terrible few years and it seems like we're finally getting our finances in order, our health in order, and hopefully we'll get pregnant or even have the baby this year. I'm hopeful and thankful to God for these opportunities. I'm actually excited to see what happens with this whole IVF thing, and hopefully my kidneys will just decide to snap out of it too lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment