Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My body and I are attempting to come to some semblance of an understanding. It is making it abundantly clear to me that it does not like soy. I've noted this, and taken it to heart. You're welcome, ovaries. No more soy. I drew a little chart to express how my body makes me feel on both cycles. Here it is:



As you can see, I'm much happier on a non-soy cycle. Let's compare.

Day 1: Soy cycle = shitty. I'm not pregnant. Non-Soy = Shitty. I'm not pregnant
Day 5: Soy Cycle = Ovaries hurt 'cause of 3 days of soy. Non-soy = Getting closer to Ovulation!
Day 12: Soy Cycle = Dammit, Ovaries. OW! Non-soy = EWCM? WOW!
Day 16: Soy Cycle = Dammit, ow. Where is O? Non-soy = O! YAY!
Day 21: Soy Cycle = Yay! O! Too bad it's late and my hormones are screwed and my LP will be short. Non-Soy = Phantom symptoms! Yay!
Day 31: Soy Cycle = Period. Non-Soy = No period? Pregnant!?


And that's about how it is. Clearly my body does not appreciate soy. So here I am on day 12 of a non-soy cycle with copious amounts of CM and a husband 1000 miles away. Of COURSE this happens when I'm on a business trip. Well if the past is any indication, I have 4 days of CM and then O day 16, and I'll be home day 16, so I guess we have a shot, though it would've been nice to start now!

And my diet? Uhm, it's a business trip. Not conducive to eating healthy. BUT I do have 12 weekly points left and I can stay within them, so hopefully I'll lose weight. 2.5 weeks to weigh in if I O at day 16 after all. We'll see. I'm trying! I just need to try even harder the two weeks I'm home. Swim, swim, swim and cook food at home. Less fat, less salt. I can do it!

1 comment:

  1. You CAN do it! Some women do worse on Soy or Vitex if they already O on their own. It doesn't mean that with a few cycles of either that things would right itself. But who knows!
    Hope you O after you get home.

    ReplyDelete