Saturday, February 5, 2011

My friend had her baby today. It's brought on a slew of emotions for me, not the least of which being total excitement and joy. When I saw her text I just knew she was going to say she had the baby. She went into the hospital around 6 and she was born at 12:30. She'd kept the name a secret, and as it turns out I actually love her name. It's so weird that she's a mom now. At the same time, it's also making me think about my own situation. She started trying three months after us and her baby was born today. And she's part of the trifecta of first-try babies, all of whom are now born. I feel.. a little defective. Like something is wrong with my body. I feel like the ability to have children is part of being a woman, and the lack thereof makes me... I dunno.. less of one. I know it's silly and ridiculous but that's what I've been feeling today. I can't wait to meet the baby though. I hope I am bringing my own little one along for the ride though.

Yesterday I was very excited about the whole situation. My nurse said she's going to weigh me Monday and we could get started this cycle if I met the weight, but I don't. She did say that she'll bring me in in March to get a weight and then we can start so that's cool. I was happy, so I bought my very first baby clothes. Well. Andy and I bought baby booties a while ago, but this was the first time I was like "I want to buy clothes for my baby, so I'm going to." This is what I bought:


If you can't see them, those are little baby owls. This was the only thing they had anywhere close to gender neutral, and the owls are so cute so I got it. My husband talked me through my feelings today and says we're going to have a baby, and I'll get to put my baby in this. When I woke up this morning I found him playing with it. I'm so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment