Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Today is Wednesday, 2/23. I still have no idea if I ovulated. The good CM is gone, and my ovaries are twinging like they normally do post-O. My temp doesn't seem high enough, but I dont know what it was before, so I should stop bothering. Andy is feeling very positive this month, and I suppose I should at least accept that it's possible. I got a +OPK and plenty of CM, but I'm not feeling positive. Usually I get crampy by now, too, so I'm wondering if my period will even come in any semblance of a normal timeframe. I should stop feeling so doubtful, but I'm just trying not to get my hopes up about anything.

I did start working out. I did a short workout at home Saturday, and I went to deep water jogging Monday, and I did 1/2 hour on the bike yesterday. So far it's paying off. I'm back down to 3.8 pounds from my goal. Granted, if I did ovulate on Saturday, I can expect my period in about 10 days, so it's a bit of a lofty goal, but I refuse to wait another whole month, so I will do whatever I have to. I thought about telling them I'm actually 5/10 1/2" lol. My mom looked very short to me the other day, so I thought perhaps I'd measured wrong. Yes, I'm honestly thinking about measuring myself somewhere. But in the mean time, I'm doing well. I've decided to try to use as few of my weekly points as possible, and use activity points as much as I can when I need to go over my daily points alotment. Down 2 pounds from Sunday, I'd say it's working. My ankles are also back to normal, so it looks like the swelling was indeed just from all the sodium they use in restaurants. Of course that could account for the weight loss, but I don't think so. At least not all of it. I wasn't swollen when I originally weighed higher, so I think actually losing fat has something to do with it.

Tomorrow I've got a great day planned out with tons of great food, plenty of fruits and vegetables, and 1 point left over after all of it. I built in a couple of snacks, too, because I plan to head straight to the gym after work and do at least an hour of cardio. What else am I going to do on a Thursday with hubs at work until 8? Why not get in shape? I'm going to plug in, watch tv, and work my butt off. If I get enough points back I might even splurge on some macaroni and cheese. Mmmm. Macaroni and cheese. I'm actually excited to work out tomorrow. I find it relaxing, and they have a new machine I want to try. It's a stationary bike with pull handles like an elliptical. There are only 2 of them, but if one is empty I'm going to try it. And then perhaps the arc trainer. And I think Saturday I'm going to swim. I'm really liking going to the gym, and I feel like.. if meeting this goal and having a baby doesn't motivate me, nothing will! But so far it has and it's great.

My mom called me today to tell me she got a promotion. I'm very excited for her. She did tell me as she was hanging up, "I've got plans for the baby!" Lol. Great. No pressure, mom. Now, along with all the clothes and pack-n-play and high chair stuff, we've got "plans" of some sort. She cracks me up. My family, unlike a lot of other families, is awesome when it comes to this stuff. They do tend to tell me to relax, but it comes from a place of... I'm always insanely stressed, and my overall health will benefit if I chill out. Aside from that, anything else they say comes out of pure positivity and faith that this will work. Andy's the same way. He told me yesterday that every time he hears someone is having a baby he wants to hit them lol. He said that it's not as much for him, but that he knows how much I want a baby, and that so many people that have made a lot of awful choices can have them so easily. It was sweet in a weird way. And I know part of it is for him, too.

I've also decided to keep a running tally of the actual costs for my IVF so as soon as I start my next cycle, we'll begin with $118.50 for Day 3 blood work and Ultrasound. Hopefully this can help some others who may be curious about costs. I'll try to get pre-insurance costs as well. 3.8 pounds to go. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment