Thursday, October 7, 2010

Where is O? :( I am on CD20 with no signs of O. No temp change... nothing. I had a lot of pains up to CD16, but nothing since. I'm nervous about this. Since I started synthroid I've had a lot of weird spotting. Like my period would end and then 2 days later I'd spot. I had a spot of blood mid-cycle, too. I've still Od and had a normal cycle otherwise, but not this month. No EWCM either. I wonder if I'm going to O at all? I know even people with normal cycles have anovulatory cycles once in a while. I had a 40 day cycle in February. I'm so scared that now that I'm on the meds and getting closer to IVF someting will go wrong. I know that IVF can correct a lot of problems, but I'm still scared it's something IVF can't correct, or that something else will happen between now and then. I really hope my kidneys cooperate and we get to IVF and everything else does, too. My hormones were all great in July except my TSH which is now down to 1.6. I'm trying not to be pessimistic I just really want this to go well and I'm so scared of something happening. I know I shouldn't worry yet. I might just O really late this month. I've been dealing with the OCD and tons of anxiety so maybe it threw me off. I've been so excited about the possibility of being pregnant in March.. I just want to make it to transfer and have things go well... I don't want it to get cancelled or never started. I'm trying not to worry but it's in my nature. I hope everything is ok!

5 comments:

  1. IVF is a totally different thing then a regular cycle. I don't O on my own and didn't O well on Clomid, but worked just fine on injectibles.
    I wouldn't even worry if you don't O between now and then. It doesn't really play into how you will respond on injectibles. If you shouldn't get pregnanty right now then put down the thermometer and stop checking CM. Take a break because all of that doesn't matter. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'm trying to think of it completely differently but it's hard! I am fortunate in that I do generally ovulate every month. I guess I'm just so nervous that something is going to happen (anything) to make this IVF impossible that I'm over-thinking. Thank you so much for the kind words on injectibles. I had tons of antral follies in July and they said I should be easy to stim. I keep thinking maybe they're just all gone and I've gone barren. I do need to stop stressing. We've already made the decision to go to IVF so I should really take this time to not worry! For once!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As hard as it is, you REALLY need to stop stressing yourself out. As my grandmother used to say "don't borrow trouble." You have enough on your plate without stressing about hypothetical ailments. I understand it, as I'm a bit of a hypochondriac, but you're just going to drive yourself batty.

    I hope the prednisone is doing it's job. Keeping my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Steph. I'm trying to but I'm so.. programmed to worry. I'm trying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading other TTC blogs makes me understand how the longer we are TTCing the more we tend to lose hope. To the point that we think we are barren and can never get pregnant or birth a healthy child. I know that over the past 1 1/2 + years I've been TTC there have been MANY times when I would sob that I would never have a biological child. That it's not in the cards for me. But the reality is that it happens to so many of us. It might take 2,5, or 10 years but it can happen.

    Point being, you are not alone! All of us begin to doubt our simplest ability that we were made for. I try not to let the dread or optimism win me over. I just try and stay in the middle and just see what happens. Try REEEAAALLLYY being the key word. We're here for you.

    ReplyDelete