Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I don't know why I feel the need to post about this, but... I do, so I'm going to. Erinn just came over to my desk to chat. We were talking about the crib she got last night and stuff. Before she got up to leave, she told me to put my hand on her belly, so I did, and I could feel the baby moving!! It was so cool. I was kind of surprised because she's only 24 weeks but I couldn't definitely feel it! I yelled "Oh my God that's so cool!" really loud lol. I dunno... I like it when I have real, honest-to-God happiness about this stuff. Despite my troubles, pregnancy and birth is really amazing and just the realization that there's really a little baby girl in there moving around is so cool.

I feel good about things today. I mean I'm still terrified about my kidneys, but I'm doing the best I can, and I just have to be positive and hopeful and confident that it will work. It did before, and I definitely feel like the prednisone is doing more. I know I was on a short-term higher dose previously, but I feel constantly the effects of a triple oral dose. I'm hoping that my kidneys are feeling the constant effects as well. I'm pretty sure I will be getting a slip for a 24 hour urine for the first week of November. I'm VERY nervous and curious to see how it goes. My last 24 hour urine was up 2000mg to 8000 total, but it was a very blatant overcollection of 2 hours, so I am going to set my alarm to make sure it's a perfect 24 this time. I'll be happy with ANY improvement because last time it took about 3 months to see better numbers. Ideally, it will be down to 2000-2500 in January-February. That's my goal anyway. It was 1700 last January, but I was on Ace Inhibitors so that may have helped. I mean we'll see what happens. I'm nervous but just so hopeful that we're able to get this started and that it works. I think we'll do a fresh cycle and if it works, awesome, but if not we'll head right into another or a FET. I'm hoping we can get insurance straightened out over the next few months. I'm sure I'll need letters from doctors, but I'm hopeful. If not, Andy and I will take out a loan for half, but I'm really hoping it doesn't come to that. I just want to get started!!! Come on, kidneys... heal, guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment