Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I'm still not excited about my wonky cycle. Not one bit. I hope my period comes in a reasonable time and I can forget it and hope next cycle is normal. That's what happened in February. If not I'll have to see if I can get my hormones checked. I'm trying not to think too much about it though, and instead added some things to my Amazon baby wish list. I know it's silly since I don't have a baby yet, but sometimes I find cool stuff I'd really like to have and I want to remember it so I put it down. Am I the only one who does this? Plus I like to think about the whole process in a more positive light sometimes, so thinking about the good stuff - planning like I'm GOING to have a baby helps me to feel more positive that it will happen for me. I've just found some bedding and some books I really like, and I want to do some research. Whatever the means, I do intend to be a mom in the next year or two so it's good to be prepared and ready and know what I like. I'm hoping to have 9 hormonal months to decide, but it's still fun to think about babies and not be upset and sad, but rather hopeful and optimistic, so I like to look now.

I saw a blog a close friend wrote today - I have no idea if she reads this or not - and it made me think about her situation and so I have a question to pose to anyone out there who may have been through anything similar. I hope she doesn't mind me posting this (no one reads this from our real life)! Basically, she just had her 4th BFN cycle, which we both know is not a long time, but there are some extenuating circumstances. Last July they discovered she had endo when they found a 14x15 CM I think endometrioma which they removed. During the process they saw her tube (s?) were inflamed, which they said could be because of endometrial tissue in the tubes. She asked her doctor for an HSG since she knew there was a substantial chance there were tubal issues, but he told her to wait until Feb. I'm wondering if this is standard. I know that most places like you to wait a year, but when you have a known condition, especially one where they've seen a tubal problem, why would they make you wait to get an HSG? I just feel like this whole process is so frustrating.. even when you don't have any reason to think there's a problem. Why make someone wait if they know there is an issue? I just wanted to get another take on it. Thoughts anyone??

She's taking the HSG way more like a man than I have too lol. I'm still really upset about mine and have decided to ask for a valium or something after the OB told me I should. Especially since I cant take ibuprofen and tylenol doesn't have the same pain fighting properties. I'll be setting up the IVF consult once November rolls around and I'm sure she'll have me get it soon after. Well.. I hope so anyway. She might not do ANYTHING without OB approval, but I don't see why she wouldn't want to just get it out of the way. I want to now. Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. I have no experience with HSG testing, but I would have to agree with you. If there's a known issue, particularly with a tube, I would push for the HSG right away. Why wait? The logic escapes me. I hope there isn't a tube issue, though.

    ReplyDelete