Monday, September 19, 2011

Weekend Interrupted

Unfortunately I didn't get 1/4 of the things I'd planned to do this weekend done. Instead, I walked into the house Friday night and was scared to death by the LOUDEST NOISE EVER. It sounded like a giant fan and I thought maybe my appliances were on fire or something crazy. And then I noticed this:


This is part of a dehumidifier that was brought in to dry out the ceiling in the dining room. They finally came to remove the mold and discovered a cracked pipe in the bathroom. That equipment came up to my waist. It was huge. And when I got into the dining room I found this:


That thing is also huge. And I looked up to find this:


That's about 2.5x2.5 feet of ceiling they ripped out. My guess is they'll finish the project sometime before Christmas but I could be wrong. And where did all that drywall go, you might be asking? Onto my floor!! And I was pleased to find that the bathroom was also covered in dry wall dust, footprints, and dirt. So rather than doing the things I wanted to do, I spent Saturday cleaning up the messes our maintenance guys left once the dehumidifier was picked up. I'm pissed to say the least, as they should've cleaned up their own mess. And that they only came in the first place because Andy said I was pregnant and there was mold. And they didn't fix the dishwasher they'd promised to fix. So all in all it was a craptastic Saturday.

I did buy a new set of sheets that I love, and new curtains I haven't had a chance to put up. I'm hoping I might get to do some of these things this weekend instead. A is home in Philly again, and I have a party Friday night, but Saturday I'd like to have some boxes so I can start organizing things and getting things ready to go to my parent's basement.

Baby S has started some new things, too. I have this weird soreness really low across my abdomen, just above my pubic bone. I think it's round ligament. It doesn't hurt that much, but I noticed it. And I had a really sharp, awful pain last night I also think was RLP. I really need to see this kid at the appointment next week. I need to know it's doing ok in there!

Sunday after I cleaned I did get some time to rest and watch movies with my favorite little boy. As evidenced here:


He has decided that my lap is his own personal lounge chair. I like it though, so it's OK. he has such a cute little tongue!

Andy is home safe and sound from the bachelor party and no worse for wear, though he's sore from all the walking. I'm glad to have him home cause I missed him! Tonight we get to hang out together and relax and I'm pretty excited. 3 weekends from now until our trip! Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment