Friday, September 16, 2011

Plans, Plans, Plans

It's official. My OB lied. I did not start feeling better at 12 weeks. As a matter of fact, I woke up this morning and took a zofran. When I got up (only 3 times!) to go to the bathroom last night I was dry heaving so I knew I wouldn't feel well. I figured the Zofran would stave off any vomitting... not so! I went to pee (again) and subsequently threw up. All over my bathroom rug, and then in the shower. I broke tons of blood vessels (again) and now it hurts to swallow. Isn't this stuff supposed to stop in the second trimester? I'm taking it as a good sign that baby is doing its thing. I keep getting nervous that something is wrong since I haven't seen the baby in a few weeks, but I'm trying to just be positive and wait until my next appointment at 15w5d. In theory I should be getting an ultrasound, but if nothing else I think he'll let me hear the heartbeat.

In other news, we're officially invited to a Halloween party, and I'm going to be making matching costumes!

For Me:


For A:


His will have a slice of piza though! Again, from the fantastic Make it and Love it site. She's so freaking crafty it drives me nuts! I'm so excited to have matching costumes, and even my sweet little one gets a costume! Plus we're finding out the sex in October so I can put a little bow or a little tie on the baby!

This weekend is going to be pretty awesome because Andy is usually the one that pushes the house cleaning, and he's out of town, so I don't have to clean as long as I do the basics (dishes, laundry, etc.). Although I REALLY need to clean the bathrooms. I'm having dinner with the girls tonight, including Miss Megan, who is only 2.5 weeks behind me in her pregnancy! Tomorrow I'm finally planning on heading back to the gym to go swimming for as long as I possibly can. I REALLY hope I don't have to wait long for a lane. I think I'll go around noon when hopefully most folks are eating lunch. Then I'm going to come home and work on the house. Then bachelorette dinner, then movies and video games! Sunday I'm going to stay in and work on the house and I'm hoping to have made a big change by the time A gets home. I'm buying new curtains (thanks, devil cat for destroying them) and planning on having our bedroom completely sorted out and clean. I'll post before and after pictures of some of my projects!!

I also have to make a note on the fantastic weather. It's sunny with a high in the 60s. What I call a perfect day. It's SO CLOSE to Fall, and I'm so ready for it. It's time to "Fall up" my house with some decorations. I love holidays and I hope baby S. does too!

Our Ocean City trip is planned, so we'll be going there over Columbus Day weekend to hang out, play mini golf, shop on the boardwalk, play arcade games, see the haunted house and Ripley's museum, and just relax and hang out together! I have things to do every weekend coming up so I'm excited to spend this one doing exactly whatever I want. It's the last one until November that I can! And I'm going to enjoy the heck out of it.

1 comment:

  1. Your posts make me so happy! I can seriously feel the joy coming off the page =) I love your Halloween costume idea, too. Would it be okay if (maybe) I borrow it? I'll only be about 11 weeks on Halloween, but I was thinking it might be a cute way to announce it to my close friends. (I'm praying I get to that point!)

    Also, thanks so much for telling your story on my blog. I'm still so scared, but it's good to know that you had a similar experience and Chicky is still thriving (sorry about the morning sickness though!) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete