Tuesday, September 6, 2011

NT Update

This was a long weekend in a lot of ways. I wanted to enjoy having three days off in a row but it wasn't easy with the NT scan looming over my head. I felt in my heart like things were fine, but I wanted to hear from the genetic counselor that it was a negative screen, and I kept thinking of all the possibilities. Andy wasn't worried. He said he would've been happy with 1:50, but I don't think I could have. I was trying to figure out at what point I would get an amnio since I'd always said I wouldn't do it. Well this morning we found out we don't have to think about that!

The genetic counselor called at 8:45 this morning. She knew how worried we were, and it was amazing to get to hear the results standing with Andy. The official numbers are 1:2700 for Down's, and 1:10,000+ for trisomy 13 or 18. For my age the number is 1:600 something so we are absolutely thrilled with these results. It's not a perfect test, and anything is possible, but I feel like I can rest a lot easier. And I need to note that the phone rang as soon as Andy and I said our prayer for our little one. God is amazing!

I feel like I can get back to enjoying things now. I rub my belly when I cough as if it'll provide some comfort to my teeny little one who really hates coughing lol. And I'll be 13 weeks Thursday and finally telling people! I'm still a little unhappy that baby measured a little behind last week (2 or 4 days.. not sure which. Photo says 11w5days and I was 12 weeks), but I really think the measurement was a little off because it wasn't cooperating, and the doctors weren't concerned at all. I'm hoping I get an ultrasound at my next appointment at the end of this month.

And apparently my belly is changing shape! I noticed this myself because I've lost some weight (stupid morning sickness) but I'm getting stretch marks anyway. My pants are REALY tight now so I'm in maternity pretty much all the time. But it's neat that other people are noticing. I'm overweight anyway so it's cool to hear that my belly is turning into a baby belly lol.

So.. good news today. I'm thrilled, Andy is thrilled, and here's a crappy cell phone picture of the baby!


Its little hands are up by its head, and the black spot is where the femur would be. It has its legs curled up a little towards its chest. And the nose is not that big.. it was moving a lot during the ultrasound. It looks like it has big feet though! Its chin was tucked into its chest the entire time which is why I think the crown rump length was a teeny bit off. OMG I love this kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment