Saturday, September 10, 2011

Cute Husbands are All the Rage

My husband is adorable. My mom had asked me to send her a list of people I wanted invited to my baby shower. I think they're planning on having it a bit early since we think the baby is coming in February. It will probably be in January, and with it already being September and the holidays coming up I think people want to get started. I told Andy that Julie (best friend since birth) had asked me about when I wanted it, and so the following conversation ensued:

A: So who is throwing it then?
E: I guess my mom and my friends.
A: But I told you I was going to do it.
E: Honey.. you can't throw me a shower?
A: Why not?
E: Because that's like saying "Please give me presents for my own kid".
A: Oh.
E: When you said "I got this" I thought you just meant you wanted to help and tell people what I like.
A: No. I wanted to throw so it would be awesome.

Oh my God. He is so freaking cute. I told him as much, but explained that someone else would have to throw it. He was OK once I explained why.

This morning was the best morning I've had in a long time. A usually falls asleep downstairs watching tv (and sleeps like a rock, so there's no "come up when you wake up in the middle of the night"), but last night I told him no excuses - he has to come up and sleep in our bed. I woke up 4 separate times to pee (this is not unusual - even before the baby!) so I knew he was there. When he got up to go to work at 6 he rolled over, snuggled me in close, kissed me a million times and put his hand on my belly. Then he says "I love you both and I'm always going to protect you". Sleepily, I snuggled in and told him we know. Then he says he has to sleep with me every night because it makes him feel "so good".

I won't lie.. Andy and I both are big sleepers. And by "big" I mean we roll around and take up way more space than any one person should. Especially now that I have the boppy pillow. So not sleeping in the bed together is so much more comfortable. But waking up with him is just music for my soul. And apparently his, too. We haven't been getting to spend a lot of time together because he's been working so, so much the last few weeks/months. He has overtime available and has been wanting to make extra money, so he usually leaves at 6:45am and gets home at 8:30-9:30. I'm usually in bed by 10 or 10:30, which means we see almost none of each other and it sucks. I know things are just going to get more hectic when the baby is actually here, and I could spend almost every minute with A and be happy. So hopefully things will calm down and we'll get to hang out.

14 weeks next week. I can't believe how fast it's going.

1 comment:

  1. So cute!!! I'm glad you guys are so happy right now. (Only to get happier once Chicky arrives, of course!) You deserve it =)

    ReplyDelete