Saturday, August 6, 2011

Not So Fun ER Trip

I was a little crampy last night, but it wasn't a big deal. I went to sleep and got up feeling OK, so I took a shower and was planning on doing some housework. But at around 10:30 I started feeling cramps, and they kept getting worse. Eventually it got to the point where I really thought something was wrong and I decided I needed to go to urgent care. There was no one for me to call, and I had to do something. They didn't have an ultrasound machine at urgent care, though, so I went to the local hospital. They got me into a room right away and the pain got to the point where it was really hard to take and I was doubled over and in tears. Andy left work and met me at the hospital and arrived right about that time. They did some blood work (though they never gave me the results) and sent me for an ultrasound. The whole time I'm thinking "there's no way I can be in this much pain and everything could be OK". They started the ultrasound, and it was such a different experience for me because she wouldn't say anything, and the tech at the RE tells me everything. I asked her to turn the screen towards me and she did, and I saw the baby, which was a relief, but I hadn't been bleeding so I expected a baby. She took about 15 minutes and I thought I could see a heartbeat but it was hard to tell with the abdominal ultrasound. They're definitely not as clear. When she was done she told me the baby was measuring 8 weeks 5 days, and gave me a photo and said the heartbeat was good (it was 136). I'm so excited the baby is OK and was measuring 3 days ahead! But holy crap does it hurt. It actually hurt really bad for hours, and finally started feeling a little better with a heating pad later on.

I still don't know what caused it, and I hope it doesn't come back. I do have a good friend who said she had similar painful cramps early on, and she said they ended up being more painful than the beginning of labor. So I guess I'll be able to handle that pretty well lol.

I'm going to talk to the RE on Tuesday and see if they have any ideas, and make sure everything is still OK. For now, baby is growing like a weed!

No comments:

Post a Comment