Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Decision

I'm officially 8 weeks today! It's neat to be here. It's not out of first tri or anything but it's still a milestone in my head. I've been very nervous today because I had a huge fight with Andy last night and today my morning sickness is extremely minimal - I feel almost normal - and I'm afraid someting is wrong. I've heard it's completely normal for symptoms to come and go, and it was AWFUL yesterday, but... overthinking is what I do. Plus I forgot my endometrin this morning and I'm supposed to be on it twice a day until the 18th. I hope that doesn't cause any problems! I really need to stop worrying and try to just focus on being calm and encouraging the baby to keep growing strong. I need this ultrasound to be a good one.

In better news, it looks like most of my weight gain was water because I'm down to only 2 pounds up so far. Whew. I feel like I can start exercising again once I get the ultrasound, and hopefully I will be able to continue not gaining a ton of weight. I'm hoping for 10-15 pounds for the entire pregnancy.

We also decided not to buy a house after all. To be honest I feel less pressure about it. Trying to pay off our IVF debt and have the baby and buy a house is a lot to deal with at once. By next year I'd like to have a promotion so we'll have more money, and I'd like to have savings and our debts paid. I told Andy I was fine with it but I waited too long for this baby to not have a nursery, so our guest room is getting converted and any overnight guests will have to deal with an air mattress. He said that's fine, so I'm OK with it. Plus I'd like to get a house we really like, and we can get something nicer if we get this loan paid off and pay down our credit cards. I just need to store a bunch of stuff at someone else's house so we have room for all the baby stuff. I honestly feel a little weight off now. Plus with Andy going back to school he won't be able to work full time so it's better not to have an even higher house payment.

So other than my worrying (which is just a part of me I suppose) everything is going well. I want my ultrasound right now, but I'll make it I think! Now I just have to start getting the house ready!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're not feeling as pressured now. I hope it means you can focus all your attention on getting ready for chicky =) Wouldn't it be great if we could all have personal ultrasound machines installed in our houses? I think they'd be very useful--both before and during pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete