Monday, August 8, 2011

Doctors and a Weekend Away

I had my appointment with the nephrologist this morning. He was an hour late, so of course my dad and I were a little nervous. We didn't know why we were there in the first place. As always, there was good news and bad news. The bad news is that my protein loss from my kidneys is still very high. Higher than last time. The good news is that he thinks the measurements are off. He says that he uses a ratio of protein to creatinine, but my creatinine is much higher than it should be so he thinks the whole ratio is actually lower. We don't know how much lower, but.. lower is good. And my creatinine stayed the same at 1.14, so we're still looking good there. He expects it to go down during pregnancy which is kind of cool. So we were worried for nothing. The only thing he says I can do right now to help is watch my sodium intake. This has been extremely difficult for me because all my stomach wants is pizza and fast food. Which is horrible anyway, but even thinking of things like mashed potatoes makes my stomach turn. So I have to find a way to balance my sodium intake with the needs of my pregnant belly. He emphasized the sodium a lot, and said he thinks it will even help with my protein, so I have to try to keep it down to what the FDA recommends, which is 2300mg a day. This is no easy task. When we were leaving he asked me to make an appointment for after my next one in November. The guy books up so fast his next available appointment was March 5th. Yes.. MARCH 5th. I said I'd take it, and my dad said "Uhm.. you might want to think about that a second". Right. Trying to have a baby March 1st.. the 5th probably isn't going to work out! So I had to make the appointment for April! Meaning not next time, but the time after, I'll be bringing my 1 month old!!

In other news, my ultrasound is tomorrow and I'm excited. 3 more days until I have a fetus! And 3 weeks until my NT scan! That's super cool. I'm trying to get to the beach later in September with my girlfriends and I'm really excited. I am in dire need of a weekend of relaxation at the beach and my aunt has a condo there so it would be free! Andy will be away at a bachelor party if we get the weekend we want, so I'm really psyched and I think it's going to be a lot of fun. The water is really nice in September, and it'll be cooler at night so we can go walk on the boardwalk and maybe go to the haunted house or the Ripley's museum. I really like Ocean City so it's going to be a great time and I wish it was right now!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your appointment went well. How exciting to make an appointment for after baby! Yay!! Good luck with the ultrasound tomorrow =)

    ReplyDelete