Thursday, August 11, 2011

Baby Clothes - For MY Baby!!

I've been wanting to buy something for the baby for some time, but I always get really nervous and think I'm going to jinx myself. I know this is silly, and I feel like I tried so hard to have this baby I should be allowed to finally purchase something for my own baby. After our ultrasound I am starting to finally feel a little more reassured. I'll feel even better after the NT scan, but I finally went out and bought something. I've had my eye on this sleeper set for a while. Andy doesn't want me to get yellow because he thinks it's too girly if we have a boy (I'm getting a ducky sleeper with duck feet and he'll deal) so I found this great set in green at Target.


The pattern is actually little frogs. It's adorable. And I found a matching hat and mitten set - the kind that you put on your baby to keep it from scratching its face. They're TINY and so incredibly cute. I wanted to get 3-6 or 6-9 because I know everyone's going to want to buy me newborn stuff, but they only had 0-3 so I got them and I'm in love. I can't believe my little human is going to fit into these teeny outfits! I was once again awed by the sweet little baby girl headbands and dresses. I want to know if it's a boy or a girl so bad!

I'm feeling very nesty, so I think I'm going to try to start gethering things up to get the nursery ready. I have a number of baby things I want to keep all in the same place instead of scattered throughout the house. I told Andy I'd like to have the room cleared out by December but I think I'd rather go with November. I'll be 24 weeks on Thanksgiving, and I need time to steam clean the floors once everything is out... and it's a lot of stuff. We have a whole bed, a desk, a tv, tons of totes and clothes in the closet, and a bunch of random stuff. Plus I need to re-paint the bookcase my dad made. And I'm going to want to get some of this done before I'm huge, and with enough time to get all the furniture set up and account for the baby possibly coming early - in February. I think if I want everything done by January, it needs to be cleared out by November, so I'm going to try to start boxing things up and sorting through it. 

Sometimes I still can't believe this is actually happening and I'm so incredibly blessed and excited. I'm finally preparing my home for a brand new, gorgeous little baby and I am so happy!

1 comment:

  1. Awww these are so cute!! I'm excited that you're so excited :) Yay!

    ReplyDelete