Monday, August 29, 2011

Cool Revelations

This weekend was an interesting one. My nausea seems to just get worse and worse, but I didn't have a lot to do, so I took it easy most of Saturday. We went out to dinner for my SIL's birthday which was nice. It's so rare that my parents, brother, SIL, and Andy and I all get together. Usually someone is working. Somehow we got to talking about the order of birthdays. My dad said "Matt's next, then Erika, then Andy, then mom, then me". My mom broke in and said "Actually chicky is before me". OMG! It's true. My birthday is 11/22, Andy's is 11/30, then chicky should be born 3/1. My mom is 3/9. How cool is it that my beautiful new baby will be at my mom's next birthday party!? It's out of control awesome.

It started to get really crazy with the wind and rain towards the end of dinner so we all went home. Andy and I watched some tv. The power flickered but didn't go off for more than a second, which was incredibly fortunate since a large portion of our town lost power. There are a lot of street lights out, downed trees, and I passed a road closed due to flooding on the way to work today. Irene took quite a toll on my area but Andy and I were very fortunate! On Sunday I was feeling really sick, so I laid on the couch ALL DAY and Andy took care of me. I've begun to dread the morning waking hours because I'm always sick now, and just trying hard not to throw up. But I've officially got 199 days to go! OMG!!!! Under 200. And NT is on Thursday so I get to see my baby up close and personal. I'm so freaking excited.

Everything is exciting right now. I have this amazing little person growing inside me. I'm looking forward to everything even more because of it. Christmas especially! I'm just so happy to be here and I'm so in love. I'll post pictures and maybe video on Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. That's so exciting! At this point, it must be feeling more and more real. Yay :) I can't wait for your NT on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete