Monday, March 22, 2010

This post is from Friday, March 19:

Thank you, Aunt Flow, for awakening me unexpectedly this morning (although you were right on time!). My brand new, WHITE satin sheets and I enjoyed the cleaning efforts at 5AM after your wrath. I was supposed to be up at 5AM anyway, and part of me thinks this whole incident was to get me awake enough to stay up, but, as always, I came out on top in the sleep vs. no sleep game, and stayed in bed until 8. I'm regretting this now. I won't have time to get to the MVA to get my tags renewed and the flag off (that was actually cleared up last year anyway). I have to hope I don't get pulled over before I erase this mess from my record!I received a call from the doctor as soon as I got to work this morning. He didn't understand how ridiculous $186 dollars for the prescription was until I reminded him it was EVERY month indefinitely, and that I have kidney disease and my own things to pay for. The doctor decided to go with a new medication, which will help some aspects of the problem but not others. At least it's SOMETHING.

I'm getting my last bit of blood work from the high risk OB Monday. She mostly wanted to know if I was likely to develop more autoimmune diseases. I hope not! But it's best to find out so they know what to expect. Andy is getting more tests next week that should complete our baseline and we should know how to move forward.The good news for me is it seems last month's 40 day cycle was a fluke, which has happened once or twice before. This month was like clockwork. AF 14 days after ovulation. I'm a little concerned about all the pains I'm having in the area. They're not severe or anything, it's just sort of... there. I'm planning on making a regular OB appointment and seeing if she'll do an ultrasound so I know what's going on down there. I'm praying there are no cysts or aything.

Sometimes I wonder why all this stuff keeps happening, like.. maybe God is putting this stuff in the way because I'll die if I get pregnant or something! HOPE NOT! I'm sure I'm being irrational. I hope so!I don't know where we stand for April. I know Andy is definitely improving, but we probably won't be able to get in with the doctor before ovulation time, which should be about 17 days from now. She won't do anything without his test results, so if we are going to start with IUI it would be in May. Who knows, though? We might get lucky in April. I think I'm going to try soy this month and see if I ovulate earlier or get a real +OPK. I still think I ovulate, but I hope the OB will do some more tests to be sure!!Either way, we're moving along. Natural April cycle and we'll see in May. I don't know whether to go by O or by LMP because then we'd still be on March, but by O we'd be in April. I don't know. And only time will tell, but I'm getting tired of dealing with the obstacles insurance is posing. STOP BEING ASSHOLES, AETNA!


UPDATE: New medication was DENIED. Surprised? Me either.

No comments:

Post a Comment