Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Good News About Insurance? What's That?

A minor miracle occurred today. Aetna was giving me a bit of run-around about Andy's HCG injections. They were telling me it's an infertility medication for women and only covered for IVF and such (which you may remember from an earlier post). I called the Dr. to have them fax over records, but there was a communication mixup, and he didn't actually get the message until Yesterday. They called this morning (which is a miracle in and of itself) to say they had faxed the info to Aetna. Great! Well, an hour or so later they called back to tell us they had called Aetna to make sure they'd gotten the fax, and it was already approved (admittedly, it scares me a bit, because my thoughts keep roaming in the land of "Wow... his tests must be really, really bad for an insurance company to approve it this fast" since they have an actual nurse look over everything [and then I remembered it's an insurance company, and the possibility of them actually giving a rat's @$$ is miniscule])!! We can't use the pharmacy the urologist wanted, and they had to cover it under a weird plan because it's such a rare use for the medication. It's covered under medical, not insurance, so since we don't have a deductible, it should either be 30 dollars or FREE according to the woman from Aetna. That's amazing!! And, he's approved for an entire year, so we don't have to go through this every month. I have to have the Dr. fax over the prescription and then they'll call Andy to schedule delivery.

My feelings on this are extremely positive. I have been feeling like "This is IT. This is going to work!". It scares me to feel this way because I know if it doesn't it'll be even more disappointing, but I just feel like we're on the road to recovery. It may take a few more things but at least we're about to take a HUGE step in the right direction. Andy's not excited about giving himself the injections (they're intramuscular, but he's just anxious about doing it himself), but he's such a trooper.

I'm also happy because I've been praying for some peace about this situation for a very long time. Since before I started the prednisone. I've been so uncomfortable with putting things off, and then finding out we were screwed anyway. Of course I pray about actually conceiving the baby, but I'd also been just hoping for some strength to work through it and deal. I know there will be down days. There have been plenty, but for now I am just excited and ready to get on with the next step. I'm looking forward to April.

Also, since I can't seem to get the doctor to help me determine if I actually ovulate, (yes, she says I do, and my temps and.. other things say I do [like I get Mittleschmertz], but she never did a P4!) I am thinking of taking soy just to see if I feel any different on it. We'll see how that goes. For now I'm in the 2wwfaf (2 week wait for af) because barring a miracle, March didn't happen. April's a great month to get a bfp!

No comments:

Post a Comment