Monday, March 29, 2010

I'm feeling a little better today as I think we at least have a plan. I talked with Andy about getting his test results. He's so positive, and while I'm glad he is, I'm afraid he's going to get his little heart broken, and I don't want that. We're going to wait and see what the results are and formulate a definitive plan from there. I think if they are very bad we will consider IVF directly, and if they're not, we will give it a few more months. This also depends on the results of my test. I did a 24-hour urine test and if the results come back ok/better then we will be pretty comfortable with giving his medicine a little more time, but if it comes back worse then we're going to have to start ASAP. So many things rest on so many test results. I guess mine is really the biggest one for right now. It doesn't matter as much how good or bad Andy's tests come back if mine are bad. i'm so nervous, but I should have those back by the end of the week. I am hoping and praying they are better.

I just read a study about men with pituitary adenomas on Cabergoline (dostinex). It said that the majority of patients went completely back to normal within 6 months. This was pretty encouraging and I'm now thinking that if my kidneys say we have a little time then I'm ok to give it. The original cutoff date was July anyway, which would be 6 months. But I'm glad to know that Andy's at least open to discussion on moving it up if we both get crappy test results.

And at the VERY least, he's going to make an appointment and we'll have everything we need by the time he goes so that we can sit down with the RE and formulate a real plan. I'm going to try to coerce her into giving me femara so that we have a better chance at least from my side.

I'm driving myself insane. I just have to make it through this week toget my kidney tests back. I should've had results a month ago but I spoiled the test because I was terrified of bad results. It's time to be an adult and face the music, though. This week is going to be the slowest ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment