Thursday, March 11, 2010

I can't be completely sure that this is the reason, but ever since I've been feeling better and thinking more positively about everything, my "luck" has greatly improved.

My insurance has a policy that you have to have been trying to conceive (TTC) for a year before they'll pay for anything, and 2 for IVF. I was concerned about this because of my kidneys, but when I applied, they didn't ask me about any extenuating circumstances and we were denied. I wasn't super worried about it because my RE's office was confident they could help, but when it ended up being Andy that needed the help (HCG injections) I started to get worried. I didn't think it would be covered at all, so I thought we could at least get it covered under infertility, so I called Aetna to try to enroll in the program again and they said to fax over medical information so I had the urologist do that. We got the news about the HCG being covered so I sort of forgot about it. Well, I just got a call from Aetna that they overturned the denial!!! We are approved, and I just need to call and get the enrollment number! This is a HUGE weight off. We're going to be trying for the next few months, but if, for some reason, things don't improve and we need IVF, it'll be much easier. We won't have been trying for 2 years, but they'll see that we're already enrolled in the program at least, and they already know there are serious issues. I have so much faith in this HCG, but I'm still happy to be making progress on any front we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment