Monday, March 8, 2010

And Baby Makes... a good bike riding partner!

I've been so much more positive about this journey the last few days. It helps when Andy's positive, and it helps when we make progress. Month 1 TTC is a bust for reasons I won't go into, and I'm disappointed, but still hopeful for next month. I know that at some point it will be difficult to remain positive. But I think that after 4 months of not even being able to give it a shot, it's nice just to know we're on the road.

My mom told me Saturday that she thinks I'm going to get pregnant in July. She has no idea why she thinks this, but it's funny because I said the same thing to Andy once. I think it's reasonable. If I ever hear backfrom anyone, Andy will have had 3.5 months of HCG, and I'll have about 4 months to lose weight. I hope it doesn't coincide with our plan to switch to IVF in July. I hope that we find out we're pregnant before we begin the IVF cycle. I hope when we do our tests prior to making the decision to switch we find that everything is at an acceptable place for us to continue TTC naturally or with minimal medical procedures. Again, we're only thinkin about IVF so soon because I need to be back on my meds and Andy has severe issues, but I don't want IVF. And I'm still thankful that the Dr. said he disagrees with my doctor about us needing it!

But I digress. It would be awesome to find out we were pregnant in July. then our baby would be born just in time for baseball season! It's weird that both my mom and I thought of that independently. I also feel like there have been answers to my "Please help me to be calm about the whole thing" prayers, because I've been doing much better.

I'm back on the weight loss wagon, too. The weather has been amazing lately and I am planning on buying a bike soon. This is the one I want:



I feel like a pre-teen for being so excited about bike riding, but I really do like it a lot. When I have the baby, I want to get one of the baby carts so he (or she) can go on bike rides with me. I want my baby to love nature and being outside as much as I do. And I want to start early so baby doesn't end up overweight like mommy and daddy! I'd like to lose 50 pounds in the 4 months before my mom thinks I'll get pregnant. It's a lofty goal, but I can do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment