Monday, December 19, 2011

Getting Closer

Things are starting to get a little more uncomfortable. I think E has got to be about 3 pounds now. I can feel her up by my ribs and down in my lower pelvis at the same time. I'm thinking she's going to come out pretty long. I'm definitely starting to feel more pressure down there, and things are stretching and getting sore again. I get particularly sore at night when I roll from side to side - in my hips especially. I just keep thinking to myself that all of this is happening because she's getting bigger, and my body is preparing to evict her! The good news is my SI joint has let up a bit, so it's not quite as difficult to walk.

She's been extremely active lately. Last night I was typing on the laptop, and she kept kicking my arm. It cracks me up how much she moves and I love that she has a sweet little active personality. I can't wait to go in next week and see how much she's grown and what position she's in.

We pretty much got nothing done in the nursery. I'm bringing A some boxes from work tomorrow for him to finish packing things away, and I think all we need to do is move things into the car, which we can't do now anyway. I took two really long naps and was exhausted all weekend. I know that's just going to get worse, though, and I can't wait for it to be done. The good news is, there's very little to pack, and the rest is just moving things around. I think we can fit it all into one car load, so we should be ready for the painting on the 1st.

I have an OB appointment tomorrow and my glucose test this week. I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that I'm almost 28 weeks pregnant. That things are winding down now and sooner rather than later I'm going to have a baby girl. I've been doing a lot of watching "A Baby Story" and every time I see the baby come out and the mom hold it for the first time I get teary-eyed thinking that soon I get to look in MY baby's eyes and kiss on her little cheeks and watch her daddy fall in love. I can't say how thankful I am for this miracle baby. But I am... so incredibly thankful for her. And as tough as this road was, she is already more than worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment