Wednesday, December 21, 2011

28 Week Progress

I've gotten a lot of new information in the past few days, and I don't know why I haven't posted any of it! I finally got the results from MFM. Everything is looking good. My 24 hour urine was 4g instead of 3g this time, but she wasn't worried because 6g is standard for me and I'm still well below that (which also means the last test wasn't a fluke!). She also did liver tests, though, and those were fine, so.. no Pre-E for me! My hematocrit was low though so I have to start taking iron supplements.Hopefully this will help with the fact that I do things like fall asleep at 7pm on a regular basis.

I also saw the OB yesterday... and I'm up 5 lbs from two weeks ago! AHHH! That means 16 pounds total, which is getting way too close to my 25 pound max goal. I do think some of it was water as I was swollen yesterday, so we'll see how my next appointment goes. My BP was insane.. 164/70, but I could feel it pounding when she took it because I'd just stood up really fast, so I asked the doctor to take it again and it was down to 140. Plus he said with Pre-E they look at the diastolic, and there's "no way" I'm developing pre-E with a diastolic of 70. So... good reports!!!! He also came in and looked at me with this big smile and said "27 weeks!!!" Like "WTF are you doing here with no major issues?". He was surprised but very happy. And, of course, it's actually my 28 week appintment, so even better!!

Tomorrow I'll officially be 28 weeks with no problems in sight! I'm feeling really confident that I'll get to 30 weeks, which, for some reason, was a personal goal I had. And hopefully at 30 I'll feel confident about 32 and so on. And once I hit 32 I get to see the baby twice a week for NSTs.

Yesterday we got her heartbeat up above and to the right of my belly button, which was very unusual, but I think at this point she's just getting really big! I get to see just how big next Thursday, and my mom is going to try to come, so I'm excited. She came to my 18 week, and it'll be cool for her to see just how baby-like E looks now days.

Tomorrow I'm ordering her crib. I'm so excited to finally have a piece of baby furniture on the way. We still have to pick up the changing table from my mom's friend, and then I just need to get the dresser. This is what I'm ordering:


It's the Graco Lauren in Espresso. It's very traditional and standard, but I think it will go well with our contemporary bedding and nursery. And it looks black online, but in person it has a lot of red, so it's really pretty. I can't wait to have it put together. I'm planning on ordering the Graco Portland dresser but... $250 just seems ridiculous for a dresser to me. I think we paid less than that for our giant, solid cherry dresser! But going through her clothes, she needs a place for onesies and little pants to go, so it's a necessity. And I think I might be able to use the BRU 20% off coupon with it, so we'll see. Whatever the case, in a week and a half, we'll have a cleaned, painted nursery with a crib in it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment