Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Blues

Well, first and foremost, I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday. I didn't, but I should have. It seems these days my emotions have just taken over completely. I argued a lot with A, and I even argued with my parents. When people say the third trimester is really hard, this is no joke! Every symptom has ramped up, but particulary the emotions. And I think when adding to that that I am officially 100% OFF Lexapro (YAY ME!!!)... well... it's just not a good mix. I'm going from being angry to thinking I'm a failure as a wife and daughter because I get angry... it's a mess. I took my first bath in ages (I would do this constantly if we had a nice soaking tub) to kind of calm down and it helped, but it made my joints worse. To be honest, I just need to get this baby out. 8 weeks to go until full term. I can do it! Haha. She's worth it. And I still want more kids. But... I can't wait to have ME back!

I did get a lot of cool stuff for Christmas, including TONS of gift cards, which I decided to mostly use on myself, despite the urge to buy things for E. I figure she has a shower coming up, and it's probably the last Christmas I'll be getting gifts. I don't know if I've mentioned much about this, but I'm a TOTAL nerd. I play tabletop RPGs, and a few weeks ago someone stole my bag out of my car. It looks like a laptop bag, but it really contained RPG books, dice, and character sheets. So I spent a lot of my money buying a new bag  (and I do need a laptop bag), a book, and new dice. But I did get a few things for E, and A bought her a few things too.

I picked out a Zelda onesie and A picked out a Mario one. I got the Mario in my stocking and I was so excited. We love old school video games. Hopefully E will too!




I bought her this because it's cuter than the onesies, and she should be in that size when we get to see the Sox play in August.


And a little light reading borrowed from a co-worker who got this for Christmas. It's pretty awesome.


So today I am, unfortunately, at work, but I'm off in a few hours. I work tomorrow, then I have a half day Thursday because I have my glucose test and a growth ultrasound (yay!), and I work from home Friday and it's another 3 day weekend. This one should be more peaceful because although we have plans NYE and NYD, we'll be in our town. We did have an awesome time with A's family, but it's exhausting and I'm glad we don't have a ton of driving to do again before E arrives.

All in all, things are good. I think E is getting a lot bigger because every day her movements get more and more pronounced. Some of her kicks feel a little less like someone bumping me from the inside and more like someone trying to jab their elbow through my skin lol. And at night she's crazy and just rolls around. She makes me laugh, and I can't wait to see her. I need to get a handle on my emotions, but I only have a few more weeks until she's full term and safe, and hopefully she'll decide to come on her own then. 9 weeks until my induction. Holy crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment