Monday, July 2, 2012

Sleep. For The Love of God, Sleep.

Ahh, the weekend. Most times I wish it would never end, but we had a rough weekend this time around. E got her shots on Thursday and she did OK Thursday night, so I thought we were out of the woods. Unfortunately, she developed a fever on Friday and though she was mostly OK during the day, the night was a different story. She was very uncomfortable and up on and off all night long. A was home and helping me, but we probably got about 3 hours of sleep. She was great Saturday night, but last night... wow. I want to say she had the most epic meltdown she's ever had. She was extremely tired and absolutely could not put herself to sleep. She screamed and cried and thrashed for at least an hour. I held her and rocked her, I put her in the rock n play with her seahorse and her lovey, (carefully watching to make sure she didn't smother herself) I tried her flat on her back with seahorse, lovey, and binky. All the while she's screaming and kicking and crying real tears. I knew she was tired, and while I can feed her when she's hungry, and change her diaper when she's dirty, I can't MAKE her fall asleep. So I did everything I could until I finally took her out for a drive. She fell asleep almost instantly, so I drove for about ten minutes and then managed to bring her in the house without waking her. Unfortunately, our ridiculously loud air conditioning wasn't so lucky, and she woke up crying after a few minutes and we started the whole process again. When she finally got back to sleep she was woken up by spit-up, and started crying yet again. Eventually I did get her to sleep, and I watched Olympic Trials until I passed out at ten. I'm hoping this isn't any sort of trend and she was just over-stimulated.

Here's E with her "babysitter". The toy bar for her rock n play. She's completely in love with it, as you can tell by the happy face.


Forgot about the storm that contributed to Friday's hellish night. Our power went out, and the thunder was louder than I've ever heard. It might literally be the worst storm I've ever been in. None of us could sleep through the thunder, and A slept through an earthquake once. Here's a picture of a HUGE downed tree that blocked off my road to work this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment