Thursday, July 5, 2012

Quality Time

I love holidays. I like to celebrate, but I love getting a paid day off work. And holidays are even better now because I get to spend an extra whole day with E. Yesterday was, of course, a holiday, so I got to wake up to my little girl and hang out all day. Plus her daddy didn't have to leave for work until 2, so we got in some family time! I love watching her face in the morning when he comes down and sits in front of her. When she realizes it's her daddy she lights up and laughs and smiles. It's totally a heart-melter. I can see his love for her growing constantly as he spends more time with her. She's growing up so fast and I'm glad his schedule is allowing him to see her a bit more often. Pretty soon she'll be sitting on her own (as of now I just have to hold her arms a little to steady her).

She's still really weird when it comes to sleep. It feels like she's either sleeping through the night (10 hours or so) or waking up every few. I don't know why that is. Perhaps her version of the 4 month wakeful? It's manageable, but I was super tired this morning after she woke up at 1, 4, and 5. I'm still feeding her when she wakes up, but I think I need to stop and just let her get back to sleep, because she's old enough now, and sleeps through the night every other night, so I don't think she NEEDS food. Plus, she actually ate apples today when my mom gave them to her. She said I must have been practicing (which is funny since yesterday she kept spitting them out and making a face like 'this is the worst thing I've ever experienced in my life') because she took them so well. And by apples, I of course mean applesauce - Gerber's variety.

She's taking much more interested in toys these days. Here she is with her caterpillar. Up close, it looks like she's saying "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU'RE TALKING TO!?" up in his face...



...but she was actually trying to eat him. Which is probably even more terrifying for a caterpillar minding his own business.


We're headed over tonight to sign the papers for our new house! Which means if the inspections go well we'll be moving in a month. So I get my new kitchen! And E gets to spend more time with this guy...


... my father, who she has completely wrapped around her finger. He is just so in love with this child... even though she spit up all over him (see above). I think she just likes to throw up on men because she does this to her daddy, too.

Yep. Things are rolling right along in E's discovery land. I'm not sure who enjoys some of these new things more - her or me! I have even taken to watching Octonauts in the mornings because I she likes it. I'm loving this stage for her. She's incredibly fussy when she's tired, but otherwise she's all smile and I certainly can't complain about that. Yesterday we spent a long time in the grocery store while E was wide awake, and it was totally painless. She fussed for about 2 seconds. I'd love her sleep to be more consistent, but hey, at least every other night I get a full night! And sometimes more often. This weekend she'll be sleeping in the rock n play in her room. I'm a little scared about this, but A will be home, so we'll take turns checking on her, and I have a video monitor, too. I hope she likes it because it's hard being so quiet with her in the living room!

I hope this house thing works out, too. I'm so excited to be closer to my friends. And to get out of where we live now! Fingers crossed and prayers said...

No comments:

Post a Comment