Tuesday, July 3, 2012

New Experiences!

It has become very clear to me that my big girl is growing up even faster than I could have imagined. She amazes me every single day with some new accomplishment. Things are constantly changing, and there are the not-so-great things, like forgetting how to fall asleep on her own (I don't even know where to begin addressing this issue. She's always fussed a bit but gotten herself to sleep. Then one day it was tough for her, and I need to nip this in the bud before it becomes a real problem). But then there are wonderful things like downing rice cereal like it's her job. She's started taking real spoons and actually swallowing. My mom fed her last night and almost nothing got on her face! Tomorrow we're going to try some applesauce.

But aside from the wonderful, and the not-so-wonderful, there are things that just come out of the blue and make my heart pitter-patter in my chest a little!

Yesterday I came home early from work because E was having a mini melt-down. It turned out she'd just cried for a few minutes and fallen asleep, but I was having my own melt-down, and I needed to be home. When I got there I sat on the couch with A, and picked E up and laid down and let her sit on my belly and look around. She LOVES doing that. Well at this time our cat, Rio, came up to try to snuggle. E has been noticing the cats for about 2 weeks, but just trying to figure out what they are. She's shown interest, but no real reaction. Last night, however, as soon as Rio jumped up, E's face lit up and she laughed (or squealed. It's the same thing to her). She was loving watching the kitty! She had her hands balled up but I extended her arm to Rio's fur, and she started flexing and balling her fingers in the kitty's fur! She was petting her of her own accord! It has to be one of the cutest things I've ever seen. She was absolutely delighted, albeit confused by the way the fur felt. It was a new texture to her. Rio's tail kept brushing E's face and she'd make these cute little faces. It was definitely one of my favorite moments so far. I think in a few months she'll be ready to see all the animals at the zoo!

She did another sweet thing last night, too. I was getting her ready for bed and I had her lying on the bed so I could snuggle and tickle her, and I put my face down and she kept reaching up for me. My mom said "She's trying to touch your face!" and I realized she was! So I put my head down more and she started touching my face, and then she pulled my glasses off! It was so cute! I can't get over how interested she is in everything these days. This kid is just the absolute best thing ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment