Thursday, March 15, 2012

3 Weeks Old

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I cannot believe how fast time is going by. Today is Evie's due date. I can't imagine having waited this long to have her. What's funny is my friend Megan is being induced today, so she might have her baby on my due date! Meanwhile, miss Evangeline is 3 whole weeks old as of yesterday. She's changed so much. When I look at her newborn photos, she doesn't even look like the same baby. She's put on a lot of weight, but.. she just looks different in general. And I'd guess she's close to 7 pounds now. Her newborn clothes fit her, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to buy her Easter dress in 0-3. I'm glad I got some time with her in newborns though. Some people have babies that go right into 0-3, and I think I probably have 2 or 3 more weeks of the newborns.

Things are getting a little easier for me. She's not really sleeping better consistently (last night I got 1.5 hour stretches, but the night before I got 2.5 hour stretches) but I think my body is adjusting to the change in schedule from what I used to have. I'm tired, but I don't get that "I'm so tired I can't keep my head up" very often, and I got it a ton in the beginning. I think she might be in another growth spurt. She's taking 3 oz pretty easily, and eating a lot more often, and I can feel that she's heavier, so it makes sense.

Yesterday we took another trip together. This time we went to JC Penney to look for an Easter dress, but their selection of teeny dresses was terrible, so we didn't get one. E was an angel again until we got stuck in traffic on the way home. They were doing construction and I felt like the road crew kept letting the other side go, but not us. After about 30-40 minutes she started fussing, and it was had because I couldn't get to her to see if she needed me. On the way there here head slumped because the towel came out of the side of the seat, so I kept reaching back and lifting her head up. I hate that the seat is rear facing. I know it's safer but I hate that I can't see her. Anyway, I'm getting a LITTLE more comfortable going out. I know eventually I'll have to feed and change her in public, but for some reason the idea makes me nervous and I always want to get home first. Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment and she has to come with me, so we'll see how she does.

And some gratuitous cuteness.

Not impressed with mommy today.


Making a silly face while playing.

1 comment:

  1. She is such a cutie pie! Glad to hear you are doing well and getting some sleep :)

    ReplyDelete