Sunday, March 18, 2012

Best Baby Ever

The last few days have been interesting. E had this awesome night where she just wanted to sleep, and then she changed her mind and stopped again. One day she'll get better though, and since she's almost a month, hopefully soon. A had off today so he let me sleep for like 4 hours this morning and it was heavenly. Then I took two naps, and he took care of her again. He also had his first solo daddy watch time. Everyone survived lol. It's nice to feel like I can run out for short trips though. And A will get better at watching her for long periods, so I can go back to my Wednesday night ritual of tabletop RPGs. I don't want to spend much time away from E, but it's the one night I spend with my friends. My BFF just had her baby on Friday, so our girls' nights will include the babes! I really can't wait for E to meet him. She gave birth at 37 weeks and 4 days, so 5 days further along than I was, and baby Ben weighed 2lb 7oz more than Evie! It's crazy. She had chubbed up though. It's freaking adorable. Her legs are getting pudgy and it's adorable. She is honestly the best baby that ever existed. I'm so in love with her it's insane.

Right now life is pretty neat. I have a great husband and an amazing baby I get to spend every day with! I did start getting a little unhappy about missing out on a vaginal birth. I know that we needed the C-Section. After 20 hours of induction including a few of the highest dose of pitocin I was closed. So they couldn't even break my water to get things going. My BP was 220/110. And I had questioned my decision a bit in the hospital until they told me my creatinine had gone up to 1.8. I know it was the right thing. But I do think I want to try for a VBAC next time. I want to have that experience, so if they'll let me I want to try. Hopefully having lost a ton of weight my BP and kidneys will be better, so it won't be risky to keep the next bean in as long as possible. I never thought it would bug me, but it does a little. And everyone has told me I did the right thing. And I know that. I mean seriously 220/110??? But I hope next time I can push the baby out.

Anyway, back to E gaining weight. I'm pretty sure she's going to be in 0-3 by Easter, so I bought her Easter dress in a 3 month (having been told the number on the tag is the highest age they could be and wear it generally). Here's what I ordered:


This is our standard "I'm being fussy" position. It normally gets her to sleep.
 
 

This is "things are about to get interesting" face.


This is us chillin'. She crossed her legs like me! Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment