Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Body Changes

It's been two weeks since my baby girl was born. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone! And I finally got on a scale that my mom insists is accurate to a doctor's scale. Let's just say I was a little surprised when I got on it and discovered I've lost 35 pounds since my last doctor's visit the Friday before E was born. This is particularly awesome because I only gained 25 during the pregnancy. I know a little bit of it is because the surgery made me lose my appetite, and I haven't been eating a lot. I need to try to start eating again or I'm going to end up gaining the weight back. I expect to gain a little back at first, but hopefully it will then even out when my metabolism is back to normal.

I took a picture today in the same outfit as my last pregnancy picture. Here's the comparison:
























Obviously I still have a ways to go, and my uterus is still enlarged, but it's quite a difference!

We also went for our first walk today. They told me I could walk at 3 weeks but it was a short one. I did start to hurt after about 10 minutes so we came home. Here's E in her stroller:


We're going to try taking more walks, and at least I figured out how to use the stroller, which, so far, I love!

Saturday my mom and I are taking E out and I'm so excited. I don't know where we're going because I am not taking her into crowded place if I can help it (though we are going out to dinner for my mom's birthday Friday) but it'll be nice to get out of the house with my baby! And I ordered the Ergo carrier so I can start taking her out and wearing her so no one touches her! Hopefully that will come soon.

She's still not doing well with sleep. She was super fussy last night and I only got an hour or so at a time. Hopefully tonight will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment