Saturday, February 11, 2012

I'm having trouble believing I'm 35 weeks and 2 days pregnant. As difficult as things have been, I'm feeling incredibly fortunate to be here waiting on the arrival of our sweet baby girl. I'm very sick right now (I'm thinking it wasn't a reaction, but a jackass of a virus) so I haven't gotten anything done that I wanted to, and I even told my parents not to come today because I'm feeling so crappy. I'm about to start my last week of work before E comes, and I hope I can get everything done that I need to. Here's the short list:

  • Re submit leave requests with new dates
  • Finish doing my actual work
  • Make sure my backups are caught up and have all the information they need
  • Contact insurance about making sure my delivery is covered and E is added
  • Organize the damn nursery
  • Organize the bedroom and put the bassinet in it
  • Install the car seats and have them inspected
  • Clean. A lot.
  • Move the desk upstairs
  • Put together the pack n play
  • Finish packing my hospital bag

And that's pretty much it! Thank God I have A to help me. Now if only I could kick this freaking virus. It would be fantastic to get  a few good nights of rest in since I'm going to be up so much with E in just a week and a half.

As I mentioned, though, I'm fortunate to be where I am. With all the issues I was supposed to have, I know I'm fortunate to have a healthy baby. And my kidneys, while still not looking great, don't seem to be in official rapid decline anymore, so hopefully the infection was causing a lot of the problem. Unfortunately, my very good friend, Mrs. E is having a difficult time, so if you could take a moment to send some positivity and prayers her way I know she'd appreciate it. She's just over 26 weeks with twins and 2CM dilated and contracting, so we want those contractions to stop and those babies to keep growing!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no I'm sorry you're sick! I am sending you get well soon vibes so that you're all better when E arrives. I'm so happy for you. I know that you have a ton to do, but soon it will be over and you'll have your baby girl in your arms :) you deserve it, mama!!

    Oh, and thank you for mentioning me...it means a lot!

    ReplyDelete