Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Freaking Nursery

So I'm finally feeling a little better and got home at a decent time. We're celebrating Valentine's next Monday instead of today since we have to work tomorrow and have a lot to get done. In lieu of a date, I decided to work on the nursery while A worked on our bedroom. I spent a good hour up there trying to go through things and get things done, and I feel like I accomplished basically nothing. And I realized just how much stuff my kid has. I put the donated clothes away in the dresser, so now I have all her little pants folded and ready, and the few onesies she has. I think the one thing I might need to get is a pack of onesies for when she's teeny to put under her sleepers when it's cold in February and March. It looks pretty and organized right now, but I'm pretty sure once I finish washing the rest of her mountainous pile of clothes it'll just get shoved in there in any order. I'm going to be hanging up her sleepers and dresses, but anything with pants is going in the dresser, and there're a lot of outfits like that. I seriously can't get over how much stuff she has, and I'm not sure that she's going to get the chance to wear some of it!

I have a drawer dedicated to accessories, too, because I just don't have anywhere else to put them. For that matter, my kid has a lot of toys, and I don't have anywhere to put those either, so I'm going to have to get a toy box or some sort of storage cubbies. A lot of the toys are things to hang on her stroller or rattles and things, but they can't just.. sit there. They have to go somewhere, and I'm running out of ideas. I have the sheets, blankets, towels, swaddles, and those things all stored in a closet organizer that I'm almost out of room in! I have a basket of towels and wash cloths and bath stuff, and a basket of diapering stuff on the changing table, and a ton of stuff just sitting on the book shelf. I really feel like I've gotten nothing done, and I haven't made any progress. I know I cleaned a ton of stuff out of the closet but it feels like the piles that remain are endless. And I don't have a lot of time to get it done because I don't want to be organizing with a newborn!

And, because it seems I always have news when I have an appointment, I found out something interesting today. It seems that MFM notified my OB practice about my amnio and induction, and they scheduled it without telling me... for Tuesday night! So I think when I go in at 1:00, I'm staying, but I guess they might send me away for a few hours to just come back later that night. I hope anyway. I really don't want them to tell me we have to wait another week. I told Andy he could work all day, and my mom's going to stay with me until he gets there, so we'll just go out and have a big meal if we have to leave and come back. Apparently they decided they want to start me on Cervadil Tuesday night for the induction Wednesday. Which I guess makes sense, but it would have been nice of them to tell me! So... this time next week I'll be in the hospital getting a pill and going to sleep getting ready for my baby girl!

And I just discovered something I'm really excited about. My husband told me his mom was staying with us for a few days when the baby came. I love his mom, but I'd had this plan of us getting some family time when we first bring her home. Well apparently she's coming down when E is born, then going home and coming back to the area for a day or so when we bring her home, but she's staying with my mom, not us. So we get the grandmoms to come help out during the days and we get to still have our family time! AND, Andy is planning on being off from Wed the 22 through Thursday the 1, so he'll be with me for an actual entire week, and can help me get used to feeding her at night, and take shifts so we can try to get some sleep.

All in all it's been an interesting, positive, and productive day. But I still feel like I haven't done anything I need to do. And I really hope that with my parents coming to clean and help put up shelves and things on Sunday, and my brother coming to help A move furniture, and A getting the pack n play together, we'll be pretty close to ready. Just a few more hours in the nursery and a few more storage bins and I'm on my way.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like things are really coming together! I'm getting so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete