Monday, December 6, 2010

Well I didn't realize this, but my nephrologist told the high risk ob that he didn't know if the prednisone would work at all, and that if it did, the results might not be maintained. She's supposed to call me this week. I think I'm just going to call and make an appointment with her. I want to talk to her about the risks. Right now is going to be the best time for us to try the IVF. I've spent months trying various treatments, and there's no way to say if another treatment would work, so I want to do this while my kidneys are still filtering. I need to find out what the risks are to the baby, but I still think it's due to lower blood protein and mine is close to normal, so I want to see if we could work something out to make sure the baby is healthy. I don't care if I have to give myself extra shots. I'm going to get all the information and tell her that I want to go through with the IVF ASAP, and hopefully she'll say it's OK.

I also talked to a coworker today about infertility. She was able to conceive twice, but lost both babies and went on to adopt. It was weird having someone to talk to who actually understood exactly what I was talking about. She also told me her HSG sucked, and she didn't even get to the dye because she had a blockage right at the beginning. I really want the HSG over with!

I keep having delusions of a January BFP... but maybe it'll happen! If not, I'm really hoping to go to IVF in February. I didn't get to do the 24 hour urine because I got my period, but I'm going to do it this Sunday, so maybe I'll have good news there, and if not, I'm going to talk to the high risk OB about what we can do to get and stay pregnant and keep me and the baby healthy while dealing with the protein. It's been done before so we can do it. I'm trying, still, not to be negative and to be hopeful. I want this so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment