Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Must. Stop. Reading. HSG Stories.

Seriously. I am driving myself way past insane. Why can't my brain just accept that there's no way to know how it will go until I do it? I think I'm going to tell them how nervous I am and ask if they can tell me what they're doing as they do it. And beg them not to use a tenaculum. And... Xanax. My new best friend.

I'm trying to think about Christmas and that by the time it comes the HSG will be long past done. They told me we were to have protected intercourse this month, though. I found that odd, but I suppose there's a reason.

The high risk OB hasn't called, so I really need to just call tomorrow to schedule an appointment.

I am freaking out. Dammit.

1 comment:

  1. Step away from Google and forums! I mean it! You are 100% right that you don't know how it is going to go. Before mine I read a varity of experiences ranging from "it was nothing" to "the worst pain of my life". The point is if your tube(s) are blocked and they try to push through it it will be painful. Mine felt like bad cramps.
    Make sure to take the Xanax and 800mg Advil. Unless it's kidney related, there is no reason why you can't try this cycle. Some women have gotten pregnant right after.
    I shall walk you through mine. Put on the gown, get on the table, legs in stirups, speculum inserted, catheter inserted through cervix, ink injected, xrays taken, tilt to side to get a better picture, everything removed. The Dr showed me the pics right after it was done, but not all do. It was about 10 min max once I was on the table.
    Most women say they worked themselves up over nothing. Go in expecting bad cramps and hopefully the real outcome isn't far off. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete