Friday, February 26, 2010

Preparing For Rain

There is a Bible story I've been thinking about a lot lately that goes something like this:

Two farmers were praying for rain. One of the farmers went out and sewed his field while the other sat around waiting for the rain to come. Eventually, the rain came to the farmer who sewed his seeds.

Only one of these farmers truly believed. I've been dealing with this for some time. I've been praying every night to have my kidneys healed and Andy's tumor healed and to have our baby, but I haven't been preparing myself to receive these blessings. Instead of having true faith in God, I've been miserable and angry. My mother has tried to get me to just be positive and have faith. Andy's been positive and had faith, but I've been just... expecting the worst. My mother decided to "Prepare for Rain" by going out and buying our baby a set of onesies. They were all blue, so I said to her "It's going to be a boy, huh?" She said "No, this is just the first of many things for the baby". It made me happy, and I'd been toying with the idea of doing something like that myself. This was about a month ago. Well, I finally decided it was time for ME to prepare for rain. Andy and I discussed it and decided that if we had something solid it would remind us to keep positive and believe our baby would come.

We went out yesterday to pick up a card for a friend and came across two things we ended up purchasing. One was a Winnie the Pooh pillow that you write information about the baby on when he's born (or she!). The other was the booties seen here:





They are for newborns and we intend to bring the baby home from the hospital in them. We like Winnie the Pooh, and plan to have tons of Winnie stuff, although the nursery will be decorated in a sea creature theme. And Andy might not want anyone to know this, but when we got into the parking lot he was holding the bag and he put his hands up and said "WHEEEEEE Baby Stuff!!!" in this cute, dancey way. He's so excited.

Something feels "right" about having them. I don't think we'll get pregnant right away. It might be months, or we may need IVF after all. But I know we're going to have our baby one day, and these little booties are a nice reminder. I'm trying to be positive and just know that God is going to provide us our hearts' desire. I believe and trust in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment