Friday, February 19, 2010

Money, and How It Sucks

Today was not a great day for this TTC adventure. My husband was supposed to get some hospital records from his childhood sent to the doctor, but when he called they said they destroyed them after 21 years. Now he might need to get surgery again to find out what happened during the last one! It's such a waste, and he's never had surgery since he was old enough to remember it. My poor guy! We'll get more information in two weeks though. Tomorrow is officially one month of his medication and he gets blood work next Friday. I'm SO excited. I don't expect things to have changed a whole lot. I think he needs a higher dose, but I like to know what we're dealing with, and it will help me to have a better idea of how next month will go since there's probably not much chance of us conceiving this month. It should go up as his brain regulates, but to be honest, we have no idea for sure what the effects of this tumor are. That's why I want the blood work so bad!

Either way, I'm off to Walmart to spend way too much money on OPKs and such. This journey is so much fun. It's a shop-a-holic's dream. You get to spend SO MUCH MONEY! I'm hoping my lengthy cycle last month is not indicative of a serious problem. I found the following list of drug costs:


Gonal-f RFF Pen 300 IU - $239.00
Gonal-f Multi-Dose 450 IU - $358.50
Ovidrel Prefilled Syringe 250 mcg - $44.25
Crinone 8% Vag. Applicator progesterone gel -$202.50
Repronex 75 IU Vial - $79.90
Menopur 75 IU Vial - $79.90
Leuprolide Acetate 14-day kit Generic Lupron - $129.00

I do not want to have to use these. I do not want to spend 240 dollars for 1 shot. Holy crap. Pardon me while I say a little prayer to Jesus to make last month a fluke and let me ovulate all by myself.

...

Ok. Done. I guess we'll see how it shakes out in about 13 days if my little line turns dark enough. You have to love OPKs. I'm really excited to carry pee sticks and teeny plastic cups to pee in around work so I can do it between 10 and 4 like the box says.

Little one... please be nice to us when you finally do arrive. Especially if I have to get an HSG. We'll do whatever we have to to bring you to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment