Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Be Careful What You Wish For

I had hoped that writing a post about not getting my period would somehow cause a cosmic shift and allow it to appear. I was right! AF reared her head last night with a vengeance. I spent most of this morning on the verge of throwing up with pain radiating throughout my entire abdomen. And yet, I'm still tickled pink to deal with the mess. I'm hoping that this month isn't quite so much of a roller coaster, and nature decides to leave the cruel jokes behind. I suppose I'll know in about 33 days. I forgot to take my temperature this morning. Oops. I'll get that right one day.

In other news, I should be ovulating sometime between 03/04 and 03/06. Andy's next appointment is on 03/05, and we will have a much better idea of what's going on in his brain and if the meds are helping. I am hoping and praying they are. I don't think his dose is high enough, though, so hopefully they will increase it. I don't notice any change in him at all. I know it's only been 3 1/2 weeks, but it feels like forever and I want that tumor GONE.

I'm going to be ordering fertilaid soon. I've read great things about it and it has a lot of stuff we need anyway. Unfortunately, the women's has iodine, and I don't know if I can take that with my kidneys, so I have to wait until I hear from the doctor.

Also, the infertility doctor said I would need to get an HSG if we did IVF. There is a large part of me that doesn't want IVF simply so I can avoid an HSG. I can get over the whole "I don't like people poking around down there" thing. I kind of have to if I want a child. But... OW. Pain sucks, and I'd prefer not to feel it lol. I'm not a baby about these things in general, but the anticipation of it is driving me nuts. I'm just going to pretend for now that it's not in my sightline, and continue on with TTC as if there isn't a tumor trying to make me have to get things shoved in places I don't want them.

No comments:

Post a Comment