Tuesday, November 26, 2013

New Developments and 26 Weeks!

Well it's been a heck of a week. Last Tuesday I was complaining to Andy that E would be climbing out of her bed soon. Wouldn't you know it she did it that night? So we had to scramble to switch her to a toddler bed so she didn't fall 4 feet. Our video monitor broke so there was a lot of anxiety that first night, but it wasn't too bad. There's been an adjustment period. She threw a terrible tantrum one night. Most of the time it's OK, except she has decided she doesn't want to be in bed unless she's ready to pass out. So when I put her in bed, even if I can tell she's exhausted, she'll cry. I usually just leave anyway, not because I want her to cry. I don't really agree with CIO? But because she'll keep crying unless I leave. Once I leave she'll stop within a minute or two. It's like she just needs a minute to herself to realize "Hey I really am tired". She's always been that way though. She hasn't really gotten out of bed in the middle of the night, and for the most part I find her in bed in the morning even if she's awake. That is until this morning, when my mom went in and she'd torn her room apart. She used her mini rocker to get to the top of the dresser and pulled all the tissues out of the box and pulled the lamp down. It wasn't plugged in and the cord was tucked away but she somehow got it anyway. So I guess we have to find new places for all of that stuff. And that means I desperately need to clean my room so we can get the new baby's room sorted out. There's a picture of the carnage below.

It was also my birthday and E was great. She was so good at dinner and went to bed well for her daddy so I got to go see The Hunger Games!!! It was great! And she enjoyed a piece of cake lol.

Then this weekend we went to Rehoboth beach to see some family I'm very close to but never get to see. Evie got to meet 3 of her (distant) cousins and they all loved each other. They're 9, 7, and 5, and thought Evie was so cute. They'd rented a beach house with a middle level that was a living room and a hallway of bedrooms. E would just run back and forth and the kids would chase her. I've never heard her laugh so much and it was nice that she was interacting with other kids. Last saturday we had to take her to Urgent Care and discovered she had an upper respiratory and double ear infection, so she's been on antibiotics and feeling so much better. I'm so glad she got to spend that time with them. Of course I got the infection, so now I feel like crap.

The good news is I'm 26w3d and huge haha. But my BP is great and everything looks good, so I get to keep this baby boy in for at least a little while longer!





No comments:

Post a Comment