Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Almost 30 Weeks and Gearing Up!

Well it's been a heck of a month in our household. Evie got really sick with  a double ear infection and upper respiratory infection and then I caught it from her. We thought things were getting better, but then last week she got a stomach virus. She wouldn't drink and was vomiting and whatnot, and actually had to go to the hospital for dehydration. I also caught that from her. It was absolutely horrible! So I was out of commission and it lingered a bit so she was being a toddler who didn't feel well and driving everyone crazy. She seems to be feeling better now and I'm hoping we can stay healthy for a while!

Evie's development has been amazing. Ever since we lowered her crib rail she's been doing so many new things. She's climbing everything, trying to get herself snacks, and saying tons of new words. Right now her vocabulary is picking up the most. She has started saying a lot more "sentences". Like "Go away, All done, and what's this"? She loves to sing and sometimes gets the right words in the right spot. Like when Jake says "Hey Ho Let's Go!" She yells "GO!" At the end. She was way ahead with language in the beginning, but slowed down, and is now storming ahead a mile a minute. She's learned a ton of new words in the last two weeks, including one of her new favorites, "why" which we usually only get when we tell her she can't do something. 

We've gotten into a nice routine with bed time for now, and with her going to bed at 8, I get to actually spend more quality time with her which is great. I get to give her a bath and feed her and put her to bed just about every night, and Andy and I take turns with cleaning  and things so we get some quality time after her bed time to do our own thing.

This is the new thing she started doing. Covering her ears. This child is SO sassy it's ridiculous, but she also loves her mommy SO much.





Things are moving along with baby boy. I'm 29 weeks 4 days, and so far so good. He was 2lb 13oz at 28 weeks, and in the 82nd percentile. We're still expecting an early delivery, but it's looking more and more like I'll get to my 36 weeks goal. Although we all know how much can change in a few weeks. He still doesn't have a name, but we have a number of contenders. Right now his bedroom is still a guest room, so we have to take down all the guest room stuff, move all of Evie's furniture in there, buy all her new furniture, and put it all together. And soon! We do have lots of clothes and things ready for him, though, so that's a plus. I will just feel so much better when his room is ready!

Some days I still can't believe I'm about to have two kids. I'm still in shock over that positive test, even when I feel him squirming around. Even when people ask me when my last day is! I think I'll still be in shock when I'm holding him. We're truly blessed to have one amazing little girl and a sweet little man on the way. It's so strange how things work out, and I wish I'd trusted more when we were going through tough times. God is great.


No comments:

Post a Comment