Sunday, April 15, 2012

It's Been A While

It's been quite some time since I posted. E's been having a lot of reflux issues, so she hasn't been feeling well. We tried a few different formulas that really didn't help, and I finally told the doctor I didn't think the formula was an issue, and the doctor agreed with me since it was a different doctor. We're now on Gerber Good Start, and she's doing great aside from the spit-up. She's just a spitter though, and has done it on all of her formulas. We're putting her on Prevacid to see if she feels even better. I hope so!

We're still not doing well in the realm of sleep, but I think we're getting ready to turn a corner since she's now eating 4+oz at a time!

In other news, she is the sweetest, most beautiful baby I have ever seen. She makes these faces that simply melt my heart. Sometimes I just crack up because she's so funny. This morning she fell asleep on my chest and I just laid there and held her and enjoyed the fact that she's mine, and I never have to let her go.

She looks so different to me than she did when she was born. I guess almost doubling her weight helps. She was 9lb 12oz on Friday, so she'll be over 10lb at her 2 month. Her eyes are still a gorgeous dark blue. She's simply amazing to me in so many ways. I can't believe we made her. 


Her eye looks weird here for some reason.



I think all the time about how I don't want to go back to work, and what I could do to be able to stay home. I'm looking for a new job as soon as I have time. One where I can work from home part time. And maybe one that's more fulfilling. I'm bored. I need mental stimulation. Especially when I go back and am just missing my daughter all day. I do have 6 weeks of sick leave to pay back, which will take 2 years, but if I move to a different government agency it can continue there. I know working from home doesn't mean I can just play with my daughter all day, but it means I don't have to miss her during my commute, and I can see her whenever I want. Although I did put her on the waiting list for work daycare. It's about $900-$1000 a month for full time, and it's $800 for 2 days a week at regular daycares. It would be nice to have a place to take her if there's an emergency and my mom can't make it. The list is super long though, so I need a backup plan and I don't have one but "mom please help until we figure something out". She keeps telling me she'll take Evie for a week so she should help in the beginning, but.. uhm.. not giving her up for a week. Seriously. I don't like her being out of my sight for an hour. Love you, mom, but no. If she wants us to stay at her house a night or two during the week so she doesn't have to drive, I get it... but I can't leave her. Just can't do it. Hopefully I'll figure something out until a spot at work opens up!

In general, things are ok. I miss my hubs. He's been in horrible pain from something with his teeth, so he's getting that fixed on Tuesday. My parents are on vacation but when they come back we're going on  a date and I'm so excited.

Oh, and my doctor called and said I have an infection.. bladder or kidney.. so my creatinine still might be artificially high! God I hope so!!!

Anyway, life is sort of amazing. I'm so in love with my little family. My daughter is perfect. I'm so lucky. Don't think I forget it.

1 comment:

  1. She's definitely a cutie! I hope she starts feeling (a lot) better soon!

    ReplyDelete