Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Grandparents

Friday night Evie didn't sleep. Andy and I were supposed to have a date saturday but I was too tired and someone called out of his work so he had to close. Instead of our date I went to my parents' house. It was nice to have help for the day and I got a great nap. Andy didn't get home until almost midnight so he wouldn't have gotten to hang out with us anyway but he missed his girls!!

We watched the new Mission Impossible and Evie slept on my mom. She was in heaven and I got to see a whole movie! They finally acknowledged that my child does not nap and it was nice to have some validation. My mom slept in the other bed in the guest room to help with Evie and that was cool. Of course she slept her longest stretch ever - 10:30-4:30! She did fuss for a minute but she put herself back to sleep. My mom put her binky back in twice, too, but no one had to get up. My mom fed her at 4:30 and she was exhausted. I said "imagine doing that 3 times a night for 9 straight weeks!". But it was nice to have the help. I still feel super tired though and I'm having a day where I feel overwhelmed. I hate those. Fortunately Andy took her so I could nap and I get to hang out with him tonight. Love my hubs!

No comments:

Post a Comment